Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi guys, I'm back again. Been Busy tring to find a way to redo the design on our site. Found the basic design on a free template site, then alter it to fit our needs. (Thank you Wayne D. Fields) I know there are still some tweeking and twacking to do yet and a few pages are still not done,(the Cadet pages will be done by a cadet, I have a web page design contest for them currently in play) What I am asking for this time around is what you think about this design. I am looking forward to the flood gates being opened on this one, so lets have it! :-p . Come on Transo, Brak, here is your chance at me. I'm wide open
    hehehe :-D .

Navy League of Canda, Sudbury Branch Web Site

Sewolf

Member #
    First off the ship in the banner is very poor quality
    Secondly you have times new roman for the merry xmas and it really doesnt fit in, not that times fits in on the web either
    regards,
    robc

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I agree with Cbor, the images are very low quality. The fonts are too big IMO and there are too many different colours of fonts that don't go together. Check out www.colorschemer.com/online for some kick *** colours .
    JR

Member #
    Not bad, sort out the font and the boat images, I understand you need to find a way to blend it in, but that's not a good one.

I think your e-mail link wont work aswell because you have put spaces between the words, when I clicked on the "webmaster / Administrator button my e-mail ( in mozzila, not sure what it's like in Outlook) is sending the message to loads of different address's, Sewolf@, Navy, League, Sudbory, .ca

Might want to check that one out, and remove the spaces, (if that is what you have done)

Daniel

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Great comments guys, at least I'm on the right track now.
    Unfortunately, the ship picture is the only known photo of the HMCS Sudbury. I'll work on the colours again. ;-)
    As for the email address, you have to remove the spaces to send the email. I have had loads of spam mail sent to my address and this is one method I have found to reduce the volume I receive daily. If there is another way to do this, I'm all ears.

I'll in the meantime try to blend the ship photo inwith the background more. I've changed loads of text on the site to Arial from times new roman. I guess there are still some more to change :-D

What do you guys think of the buttons especially what I did when it comes to the Navy League Branch Page (with extra buttons)?

Thanks again for your valuable input.

Sewolf

Member #
    I think the buttons are a little crammed, and there are too many lines in a small area, with the cell borders and the line going through those buttons. I'd rework those buttons, and also fix the tooltip that comes up on mouseover. The first six buttons say link_1...etc when you mouseover them. I agree with the other suggestions as well, keep up the good work!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks Spluff,
    I didn't even think about those tooltips, thats corrected.
    I'll see about spacing the buttons out abit. Still working at it :-D

Sewolf

Remove Ads