Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Welp, that's my first post here on WDF, and so, wanted to know your opinion whether it's appropriate for a professional (that said, making money out of it) web-designer to have a homesite design of this type: http://astroverse.biz. Set it up a couple of weeks ago. All comments appreciated.

Member #
    It's okay, except change the colour of the website text. You can hardly read white against pink, try black, or blue or something of that nature. 3/5 overall.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I agree the color is the general inconvenience here, but heck, tried almost every darker color I could find appropriate - they just won't work The white looks great in terms of cosmetics, so I think I have to deal with it here...

Member #
    Ouch the white font makes my eyes hurt!, and hmmm that blank space at the top, I dunno, maybe a banner or something.
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    I think the layout is great, but agree that that pink is the wrong color there... I have had success in the past with light grey (#eeeeee) but it's no good if you want color, and I don't think it will work on your site.

Good Luck!
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Agreed that the pink on white needs to be changed. Also, the top of the page is empty! The first place people look is the top left corner, and yours is empty. I'd put something graphical on the top of the page.

Member #
    Personally I have no problem reading the text. Could be the fact I have sharp young eyes or because my monter has 100% contrast but it works for me. I love the salmon color and it provides a warm color scheme that is seldom used. If you are looking to change the forground color, 997777 doesn't look bad imo and is decidedly easier to read. Other than that, the layout is almost good as the portfolio itself, which is, in itself, impressive.

Remove Ads