Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: E-cards site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,

can you please check http://www.mm-cards.com

Any comments on design will be valueable. I'm almost sure my site needs better design. Any idea how it should look like? I don't want to make it as busy as http://www.123greetings.com or yahoo greetings rather than keep it simple. It has some unique features than all other well known sites.

Member #
    1. Lose the Comic Sans MS font used throughout. CHange it to Arial, or Verdana or Trebuchet MS.
    2. The content needs to be organised a little better than it is now. Try to get a main navigation bar on the left hand side which lists all the pages on your site by name, to enable constant easy navigation.

Overall, a good start. 3/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I agree, the font makes it look like someone's personal site. Also, your banner (if you could even call it that) is boring. The site would look more appealing if it had a nice graphical better.

The design is cool, and the colors aren't bad, but I think they could be improved upon. Try looking at www.colorschemer.com/online . Put in your bg color, and they'll give you some colors that work well with it. They may give you the colors you have now, because it doesn't look bad, I just think there may be better colors out there.

Once you're in the site, I'm not a huge fan of the wavy edge you have going on. It's a neat idea, but it looks weird IMO.

Finally, the advertising is killing the site here. I clicked on a page and I have two animated banners that are flashing a million miles an hour. One's gree, and one's red, and they totally clash with the site. If you really want to have ads on the site, look into Google Advertising. I dont know much about the program, but Google advertisements are just text and links, not banners that can ruin your site's design.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    you need to bring focus to the nav, the header and the major content parts to bring out what your site is all about. Make these stand out and people will visit it continuosly. Of course, then you'll have to charge money because of the amount of bandwidth use.

- make the header and nav a different or larger font if you want to keep simplicity.
    - you don't need to state that the links in the left hand table are the Menu
    - your header needs to simply state the name of the site. and have something different for the background or make a graphic for it instead.
    - get rid of the hot links section
    - mainly, the design is way to simple; looks like you made it in microsoft word (ick)
    - hope it gets better man. Looks like you put some coding into the project though. If you did, very nicely organized job.
    - good that you have multilanguage
    - change the image representing nature found on the main page
    - keep on working

- the domain isn't very catchy
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hummm

ya...

you should change font and plz organize contect and give a border to website... give anice footer... that way your site will look structured...

4/5

Member #
    Today I work on a new color concept, so can you tell me how do you find this one - http://www.mm-cards.com/new-design/index.html

Member #
    Second is much better than the first.

Member #
    Second one is great, except you have used underlining on headers. This is bad practise as less knowledgeable web users, will think it is a hyperlink, and will proceed to get angry when it doesnt' go anywhere.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads