Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

removed by author

Member #
    Welcome to the boards, here are a few tips:
    1. Lose the frames. Frames don't allow people to bookmark your site, and they aren't needed in this design.
    2. The javascript popup is annoying.
    3. Use a standard web font. No one is going to download a special font just to view your website.
    4. Making a good looking site without any graphics is tough to do. It can be done, but it's difficult.
    5. The color scheme - red on black - isn't the best. www.colorschemer.com/online is a good place to look for color schemes.

Hope this helps.

Member #
    Congratulations on your first site. Suggestions for improvement:
    1) Use iframes instead of frames. Learn how here http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/iframe.html

2) Personally I don't care for black backgrounds. If you want a fairly dark background maybe you can go #333333 or #666666

3) Do not underline the page heading and subheading. Use CSS to code the page. Here's a free tutorial I found http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp. Get rid of Times Roman Font. Go with Verdana or Arial.

4) For the iframe consider using image icons (bits from your picture) for the link to the larger image, rather than simply using text. Con: More work, harder to maintain,
    Pro: looks way cooler. Just remember to name the files and the alt tags something search engine friendly

5) Color scheme, As i said use a deep grey for the background. Grey is a very neutral color and will go well with just about any color. Just be sure to choose the right value to go with the intensity of the grey that you choose.

Member #
    But I want the funky fonts. So what is an alternative for that?
    You could make a graphic logo, and graphics for the titles if you want, see attached for an example.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    You don't have the funky fonts, because no one has them on their computer. YOU see the funky fonts, but no one else does. The only solution for this is to stick to the web-safe fonts. You can turn your titles/headlines into a graphic, but for the body copy, you'll have to stick with a websafe font.

As for Iframes, they work differently than frames, you can't just change the tag. To learn more about Iframes (and HTML in general), check out this link regarding Iframes: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_iframe.asp

Member #
    if you want funky fonts for your headings you're going to have to make them graphics instead of text based.

Member #
    In 1024 x 768 resolution, your website is really odd looking. It looks like it was designed for a 640 x 480 screen to be honest.

Upon entering the site, this is what I see (see attachment), and to be honest, I'm not overly impressed. You say to click the link ot dowload fonts, but it is at the very bottom of your left iframe. Also it is very hard for people to read your site using iframes so small and narrow. You have no images on your website, but instead ask people to download a font package to view your site properly. This in itself is bad practise, but you do not give any instructions as to what to do with the downloaded files...

Just my little bit of opinion. Please note I have not read all of the previous responses.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hi

hi

let me say design is very ordinary...

you must remove links from frame... it is very strange to see everywhere content in scrolling within a frame....

just create nice header with menu below header or left side...

generally one should not use frame..... but if you want to use frame then use frame like top-left-main frames..

best of luck

Member #
    Well listen to the tips from other members, but also the page that it used to be on has a link to the new site... well try using this code on it to automatically get to the new site

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.geocities.com/dijbob/skateakshun.html">

put that in the head of your html and it will direct the old page to the new one
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    You should really learn how to make sites without using frames, they aren't a good tool to use. Right now your site is messed up, I see the same thing justlivyalife sees. However, if you want to use frames, you can get rid of the border like this:
    Code:
    <frame src="logo.html" noresize scrolling=no frameborder="0">

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads