Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

URL: http://www.HostComb.com/

Brief description: HostComb is a completely unbiased web directory. The Featured Hosts on the front page are entirely randomly generated and this also applies to the listing.

How you can help: We have just completed programming and designing HostComb earlier this evening and would like to invite all of you to test it out. Having just finished the code hours ago we can only assume that there may be errors found here and there. Please, if you find an error respond here with your web browser, operating system, and a description of the error.

Additionally, we welcome positive feedback, so please take a moment to respond here whether you like the website and why or why not.

Member #
    The design looks pretty good. The banner is a little bare, it could use some sprucing up. Also, some feedback or customer comments would be good, but you'd have to watch out that the companies aren't impersonating customers and posting favorable reviews (this has happened numerous times here at WDF). Requiring customers to submit their URL would be a start for the verification process.

Right now, it's a good listing, but hosts aren't hard to find. There are millions. Helping people find a hosting company isn't a big service. Helping people find a GOOD hosting company is. Figure out a way to do that, and you could be going somewhere.

Member #
    Originally posted by splufdaddy
    The design looks pretty good. The banner is a little bare, it could use some sprucing up. Also, some feedback or customer comments would be good, but you'd have to watch out that the companies aren't impersonating customers and posting favorable reviews (this has happened numerous times here at WDF). Requiring customers to submit their URL would be a start for the verification process.

Right now, it's a good listing, but hosts aren't hard to find. There are millions. Helping people find a hosting company isn't a big service. Helping people find a GOOD hosting company is. Figure out a way to do that, and you could be going somewhere.
    Thanks for your reply.

I agree on the banner and it will gain sme attention.

We're deciding on a way to let people review their hosts. The problem is as you said, verifying this, although we've got a few ideas. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    build it little more corporate

please build it more corporate

here are the changes..

[1] make left menu narrower so there will no such white space...
    [2] dont put direct search option in hompage page... but put there something about website some banners... input some explanations by which visitor will have to read it... like testimonials... success stories..
    [3] plz build new header for your website in my opinion it is heart of website...

best of luck

Member #
    • Positive
    • "...completely unbiased web hosting directory..." - This will be a great feat if you accomplish it. There are many problems facing you in that any user reviews posted may not neccessarily be legitimate. To try to overcome this you should create a user-submit form which incorporates a required field, into which the user would have to insert their own web address. You should also ensure you get a contact email address from your users. When the form has been submitted, you will porbably want to edit it/review it to check that it is satisfactory for display on the site?
    • Congratulations on getting a simple website design together. The site works well and all parts work with each other as well.
    • You have successfully created a simple, and easy to use consumer interface.

Negative
    • The gaps at each side of the site are different, ie between the navigation and the left side of the site, and the content box and the right side of the box.
    • No introductory text at all. We have to click the "About link" to enter the site. Try putting some/all of this information on the homepage.
    • Your top banner. I'm not saying anything because it has been said before.
    • Your consistent usage of the character is bad. You should stick to a graphic item, or not have one at all.
    • Change "OS's" on your advanced search form to Operating Systems.
    I'm sorry if I have offended you by my post, but I have spent a good 20 minutes looking long and hard over the site and have put everyting I could think of down.

By no means is your site bad. It is an excellent site with a very good ground. Well Done!
    Rob
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads