Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Let me know how I did on my first website

www.jandmcomputers.net

Member #
    Hope you don't mind, I edited your post so it was clickable. :ichatangel:

As far as your site goes: It looks like a quilt. There are three distinctly different parts to it, and they don't match. The frames aren't attractive or necessary. And the backgrounds are kinda cheesy.

The store portion of your site is basically a front for TigerDirect.com. Having a whole page full of links that look like they're your products, only to be forwarded to someone else's site, is decieving. If you really want it, offer one referral link on a links page.

Asking for donations to your business is very unprofessional. If you can't afford your server, you shouldn't be adding more sites to it.

Hope I wasn't too harsh, keep working at it.

Member #
    I agree with everything splufdaddy said. I was thinking the same things......

The professionalism definitely needs work. Keep working at it. And maybe offer web design services, etc. on a later version of the site.

Good luck with it!
    Bonnie

Member #
    I think you need to rethink not only your design but also your business model. If this is your first website, I would not recommend offering to make them for people, especially as your code is clearly generated. On a side note, $400 is more than I have charged clients for PHP based, mySQL fed web apps. What you charge is your business, but I would recommend you rethink your offering. Also, sites that ask for donations are generally large, nonprofit, and provide a valuable free service, non of which you really seem to do. I doubt anyone will really care if your company website goes down, because it is just that, YOUR company website. While they may use it, it promotes your goods and services, and has no more right asking for donations than Microsoft or Macromedia do. Your site lakes a color scheme, or any scheme at all. It also lacks content, which is understandable if you just made it. The gifs look rather unprofessional, so do the backgrounds, and the fact none of your email addresses end in @jandmcomputers.net.

If I were you, I would first try to develop a focused way to make money, not the catch-all approach you seem to have in mind. Then try to redesign the site to better fit that.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Originally posted by the_architect71
    Let me know how I did on my first website

www.jandmcomputers.net
    Need more creativity and proffesionalism!!

remove bg image

make new header for site..

Member #
    It's not bad, just looks a little messy and poor quality.
    Maybe try cleaning up the graphics a little and improving the sites appearance. Visitors are unlikely to stick around.

I agree with what is being said above.

Thank you,
    Daniel.

Member #
    Ouch, I wouldnt ever buy from a site that has free textures on their site as backgrounds, animated backgrounds like that, and ouch...
    If you plan on contacting me, please read this: Legal Terms & Conditions

Member #
    hmm the nice thing are the nav buttons -- let the snow go -- lose the background image -- there is alot going on with the page --lose the banner at the bottom unless it relates to your site and your gaining somehing from it-- also the images should match your site -- i can see the image shapes
    Mas
    Gemini-isp.com

Remove Ads