Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

yo yo. im new to these forums so ill start off with hey hows it going!

hey hows it going!?

now to my problem. my site www.oneoneseven.com has been 100% hand coded by moi. it looks great in Mozilla, but when i go to try it in IE there is a gap between my first two rows. its a small gap, but sticks out like a sore thumb. ive tried a range of things, even tried jamming it into dreamweaver with no luck (looked fine in DW). so take a squiz thru the code if you like and let me know if you know whats going on.

www.oneoneseven.com
    www.117.co.nz

Member #
    Welcome Crabstix!

Design comments follow

I like how clean the actual layout is and the use of white space, I like the light green too - but the blue used in your logo and one of you navigation images doesn't go with the green too well IMO and isn't balanced out in the design. I think the blue could be used, but you would have to redo the top of thge page to get it to work fully I feel.

Navigation is nice and simple - although the software tab isn't as self explanitory as the other icons.

Arrows for scrolling text arn't obviously apparent but I scrolled with the scroll wheel anyways.

Also there isn't any capitalization which isn't stylish IMO :P

But yeah - I like the design, the looks there, mainly I just think the title area of the page needs a little work really.:classic:
    Nothing to see here

Member #
    Originally posted by Wozza

But yeah - I like the design, the looks there, mainly I just think the title area of the page needs a little work really.:classic:
    cheers sam. i know you we were in the same web desing class

ok, i agree with you about the software tab. may change it.... soonish.... yeah....

but i like the blue, so sorry, thats staying. helps highlight the links IMO, i wouldnt want it all green, thats for sure, and im happy with the use of blue in the logo.

the arrows are just a css thing in IE only, unfortunatly you cant control the size of the arrow or make the scroll bar bar thingy a matte colour as i would have liked.

thanks for your comments wozz.

now to fix this gap... hrm :/

Remove Ads