Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I'm not as good as a lot of you out there, so I was hoping some of you web designers would be able to give me comments or suggestions on a new website I am making for my RavenShield clan. Here's the link to what I have so far: Omega6

One specific thing that I would like your opinions on is the menu style. Does the 'news' menu style look best, or do you like the other menu style that the rest of them have?

Thanks in advance for your help!

(EDIT: I will be changing the size to fit a minimum of 1024x768 resolution, most gamers will exceed that, and if they're not a gamer, they won't be interested in my website. As of now it looks best in 1280x1024--otherwise you have to scroll to view the whole thing.)
    "Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, it looks good first off..

But it looks just like every other CS/RS/ETC clan page out there. Perhaps try and break the mold? make something unique? No need to, but it would make for a more interesting page. If you want to go with this, I'd stay away from the php-nuke-like feel and come up with something totally different.

Also your current design is going to be too big for even 1024x768 resolution! (Horizontal scrolling)
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I figured the design I've made would be the most versatile and best-suited for my clans page. When I resize it, I may have to move the latest posts section to the right side of the page so horizontal scrolling won't be an issue--however, that will also be a news page, so once the news adds up and before I archive it, there will be some horizontal scrolling involved anyways.

This is the tacky website I have for my clan right now: Omega6 (just in case you're curious )
    "Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

Member #
    Nice php nuke theme... i like your banner... get good material on it and it'll be succesful
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    Your site looks nice
    what about if you use any other matching color accept blue for navigation ?
    regards
    - Purebox -
    The hosting beyond
    - PureDesigners -
    Profession is Our Passion

Member #
    I agree with Brak, it looks like the standard clan site. Also, those black spaces in the banner are akward IMO, why not make the banner full of images all the way across?

Member #
    All great suggestions. I know it looks like the typical clan website--but I'm not attempting to be really creative. I'm just trying to create something that's useful and versatile without being horrible to look at.

I know the head image is a little bit weak, but I can't really think of any way to make it better. If I added images all the way accross the top like splufdaddy suggested, I think it would take away from the rest of the website and I don't know how I would compensate for that.

I'm planning on changing the blue navigation to a lighter/completely different color. Thanks for bringing that up Tahir.

More comments/suggestions/criticism welcome. Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help!

Member #
    Personally, I think your banner text looks out of place, perhaps trying to centre it to the rest of the site might make it look a little better? I don't know, you'll have to play around.

I like your navigation, but I feel that having a white background to the entire site would give it a much lighter feel, as the banner still "feels" like a clan site, as such.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Remove Ads