Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I came across your BBS thru an email, and would appreciate any comments on my website design --- please keep in mind, it's a Military Travel Website and, we're still working on new software (and links) that will automatically update prices every 30 minutes ... nothing fancy; no frills and no chills.

Thanks!
    Former U.S. Marine / 68 - 72
    Forward Sniper / Drill Instructor
    2 tours in 'Nam

GovTrav Travel Agency

Member #
    It could do with a layout, right now its kinda just text layed down
    regards,
    robc

Member #
    I don't know what you mean by a "layout" -- I don't want my website "cluttered" up with a bunch of useless crap, like you see on all other Travel websites ... I designed it using frames, and easy-to-navigate.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    to attract more customers your website has to be nice designed and that's why we are here for...

Member #
    Out of curiosity, why did you put your whole site in one frame? That makes it difficult for people to bookmark pages in your site. The links at the bottom of your homepage are confusing, they lead visitors to believe that those may be parts of your site, when they're really not. Even the military log-in link leads to an off-site link, which makes this look like a one page site. Maybe that answers the frame question.

Member #
    Originally posted by splufdaddy
    Out of curiosity, why did you put your whole site in one frame? That makes it difficult for people to bookmark pages in your site. The links at the bottom of your homepage are confusing, they lead visitors to believe that those may be parts of your site, when they're really not. Even the military log-in link leads to an off-site link, which makes this look like a one page site. Maybe that answers the frame question.
    LOL -- ahhh; you think my site is in one frame? ... guess again; it's in TWO frames ... pretty neat trick, huh?

As for bookmarking my site -- did you not clearly see the link that states -- "Click Here To Bookmark This Site"???

Boy -- even a 6-yr old child can figure out the links at the bottom!!! Did you bother to actually READ WHERE IT STATES ... "INFORMATION LINKS"??? Those are INFORMATION LINKS for people who don't know how to get a Passport; current World Travel Warnings; etc ... but, ya gotta know HOW TO READ A WEBSITE!

The Military Log-in link has been changed -- I had stated in my original posting ... LINKS ARE CURRENTLY BEING CHANGED!

Sheesh --- ya make a SIMPLE; EASY-TO-NAVIGATE; "U.S. MILITARY TRAVEL SITE" and alot of grown-ups just don't get it ... --- that's why we are a SPECIALIZED WEBSITE!

Member #
    If you're going to yell at us (which is what caps and bold indicate) when we're simply trying to help, then don't ask us for help. I saw where it said Click Here to Bookmark the website, but I prefer to use another method, which involves dragging the location to a specific folder where I would put this bookmark. If I click your link, it puts it wherever it wants. Also, your Bookmark link only works in IE. I am using Mozilla, and the link did nothing.

As far as the INFORMATION LINKS, how about some information on YOUR website. The links say INFORMATION, not INFORMATION FROM OTHER PEOPLE'S WEBSITES. This has nothing to do with knowing how to read websites, it comes from the millions of other websites I have visited, 99% of which had some of their own information. I thought this site may have had some too. The fact that you hide the real URL's that you are forwarding people to looks suspicious, like you're trying to claim this as your own content, because your masking the URL and hiding it on mouseover.

Halfway through my original post I saw that you were using two frames, the first invisible frame looks like it just contains some javascript that could most likely be included in the same page as your content.

I realize you said links are currently being changed, but that's all I had to judge your website on: it was a page full of links, no content. The current link still links to a page that's not on your domain, furthering the notion that this is a one page site.

I'm not trying to fight with you, only help. I do know what I'm talking about here, I dont have 2700+ posts here and Moderator status for no reason.

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    "please review my site so that I can rant at you for any constructive comments you give!" - not the best way to get help with a design.

LOL -- ahhh; you think my site is in one frame? ... guess again; it's in TWO frames ... pretty neat trick, huh?
    Not really a neat trick - frames are to be avoided because they screw up bookmarking EVEN IF you have 20 bookmark this page links on the site - read around the subject to find out why.

As for "simple and easy to navigate" well yes it is, but that's only because the site is nothing but navigation.

Overall this isn't really a site that qualifies you to sound off at people who are trying to help - you haven't found a new, innovative angle of web design that we don't understand, you've just got a site that's not very good.

Member #
    Yeah. I don't like the site at all. You need to ditch the whole frame thing. The A:hover rollover effect is gaudy.

Not only that, all you're doing at the bottom is linking to other sites, and you don't even display the correct URL in the address bar. This makes it hard for novice users to bookmark the other sites.

And whats up with disbling the right click??? I hate that, its annoying and dumb. Anyone can look at the Source through other ways, without the right click option.

And whats up with the Drop down menu with only one option that doesn't even go anywhere??? "Military Dependents - Cruises - Tour Packages - Vacation Specials - * New Lower Fares Coming Soon "

I think you should start over, and re-do it. Don't use any "fancy" frames or javascript this time

Member #
    Originally posted by Coolio
    [B]Yeah. I don't like the site at all. You need to ditch the whole frame thing. The A:hover rollover effect is gaudy
    Good; then don't bother coming back -- I, and countless others happen to like it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads