Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How's my site?

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

This is something I have been working on, I would like lots of feedback please. I am not sure if I like the way the content is laid out myself, but I am pretty pleased with it so far.

Oh and by the way; say either "it could do with some colour" or "I think it needs some colour" and die
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Honestly? I think it needs color

I think it would be awsome to make your different pages have different top graphics (and color schemes for that matter) All rich with color and quality photography.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    I like the layout, it looks nice. Apparently your're determined to make it only one color, so for a single color site, it's not bad. On my LCD it looks a little dark though. I like the way everything's organized, nice work.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    well i wont say it needs colour... because is spelled color!! Europeans/Canadians.. sheesh!! :tired:

Anyway i like the site as is.. I couldnt help but notice that it does resemble a fairly well known web design forum.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Good Design!

Good Design!

Clean...Neat...

i like color scheme also....

i think two changes there first in header adjust that mountain picture... and below in footer place company name some where else or in to box

over all good design 4/5

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    [i]
    Anyway i like the site as is.. I couldnt help but notice that it does resemble a fairly well known web design forum. [/B]
    Well it wont do soon I just love the shadow thing on the page and had to copy it. Maybe I have been here too long

Originally posted by Brak
    Honestly? I think it needs color
    Are you joking?

Maybe I will add some colour, I don't know...
    JR

Member #
    I think it looks tres good, I like the one colour that you use, and it looks ok on my laptops LCD, if you want I'll check it on the flatscreen TFT thingie I have on my desktop.

I think it looks quite artistic, it reminds me of a pencil sketch, just a lot neater.

One suggestion, perhaps you could have just one burst of colour. Perhaps the NCnet logo could be in another colour. Just not too bright otherwise it would draw attention away from the 'content' of your site. I would say you just need one drop of colour, because grey is a very psychological and depressing colour, despite the fact you have used it well. I feel that having one bit of colour will remind people of the sun breaking through the rain clouds, which is always a nice thing to see, and makes you feel optimistic.

Just some thought

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for that, I will consider it, but I will wait to see what others have to say first. I think it might ruin it by putting some colour in.

I am also using my laptop's LCD and it looks fine IMO, I have just got to check it out on a CRT at some point.
    JR

JR
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    FWIW, the portfolio sample image will most likely be in colour, but I was thinking of making that greyscale too because it might draw the user's eye away from the site.
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I think the color scheme 'or lack there-of' works very well..

One huge benifite that nobody has touched on is your work will stand out very nicely because it will be in full color unlike your site. And that will help make your work stand out.

Another thing, dont worry about viewing it on LCD CRT and all that, as web designers there is enough inconsistiances to worry about without worring about screen type.. Just decrese the contrast a bit of whatever screen you are using and if it still looks presentable then you are good to go. And it does.

I think it would be best to stick with what you have its is very well done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads