Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have redone my site to day check it out and tell me what you think www.jandmcomputers.net Thanks The Architect

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    very ordinary site!

very ordinary site design...

need lost of things.....

Member #
    this site looks like it was done by someone with absolutely no knowledge of web design. if you plan on doing web design, this entire site should be redone, after some more practice and studying.

Member #
    Try to be a little more constructive in your criticism stephnic. As far as this site goes, it could use some work:
    1. It could use a color scheme. Check the link in my signature for help w/ that.
    2. Some text on the homepage would be good. Homepages should be more than a banner, navigation and ads.
    3. The banner image at the top looks like it's from 1997. Old effects used.

Those are a few suggestions to get you started.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    no need for a flash navigation there. Use Rollovers :-) Change your font and lose the hit counter.. it makes sites look un profesional...

just my 10 pence lol
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you're gonna die 2morrow!

Member #
    I dont think this design is going to win you many clients for the web design side of things to be honest because I expect most people could come up with something like that on frontpage or something in an hour or so.

On the web design page I would lose the image on the side, it is not related to the site in any way, and it doesn't look too good.

You need to try and bring in more colour, use of more images/graphics and just generally all around. It looks similar to the first site I ever did using a frontpage 2000 template.

I would try and come up with another design if it is possible.
    Try and design a banner, and maybe re-think the layout of the site's content.

Sorry if I am sounding to harsh, but now you know what needs to be done.

Good luck with the rest of your site,
    Daniel.

Member #
    One other thing is you have three images that aren't appearing on your projects page. I would try and have a look and see what the problem is if I were you.

Member #
    As well as what everyone else has written, I would spend a little more time re-writing the text. One example is the paragraph at the bottom of the Projects page, it is very unproffessional. You use phrases like LOL, and you use multiple exclamation marks when one is not necessary. As this site is designed to promote your business, I would consider using a much more professional and serious tone, and stick to using real words.

On your web design page I have noted a few grammatical errors, use a spell checker on this, and think before you type.

To be honest, I wouldnt contract your company to produce a web site for my business. I know it sounds harsh, but it is constructive criticism. You need to do a lot of work on this if you hope to get many customers.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    hahaha I made better sites when I was 10 years old...really not joking. I think that the clients can make a better site than this. And those buttons don't have anything to do with the whole site. I wonder how are you going to make a website for someone when you can't make your own...those people are web designers not you:
    http://www.fabrik7.com
    http://www.2advanced.com
    http://www.z-fox.com
    etc.

Member #
    I said it earlier in the thread, and I'll say it again: this is a site for people to come and get help ironhacker. If it doesn't look like 2advanced, is it not allowed to be posted here? This is a forum for getting help with a website, not for you to tell people they aren't web designers. Apparently you started out designing awesome websites, but not everyone else does. There's a learning process people have to go through. Let them go through it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads