Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi all,
    I have been working on my new website but I have run into a problem. Here is what I have at the moment:

http://www.geocities.com/sharksoft2003/picy.jpg

You might want to save it first and then view it, doesn't turn out so well otherwise.

The thing is Im quite happy with the site so far (hehe havn't got to the layout yet :P) but it only uses Blue and Purple veriations. I was thinking of using Orange for another colour, either for the heads of the boxes that hold the text or something but it doesn't seem to work well, looks a bit odd.

My question is what do you think I should use?

(Sorry if this is in the wrong Topic I thought it should go here but wasn't too sure)

Thanks for all you help in advance,
    Dan
    (Dbp_vivi)

Member #
    To view the file, use 'Save Taret As... (right click).

Nice colour scheme, I'm guessing you like purple eh? It all seems to work well together, however some rollovers on the navigation tabs would look quite cool, eg having them rollover swapping the white for purple and vice-versa?

Good luck with the site, looking good.

Orange, IMO doesn't go with Purple very well, blue blends with it okay though. check out www.colorschemer.com/online, as recommendable by many users of this forum to find a cool colour scheme for your website.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Yeah I like purple

There are roll-overs on the navigation but they go to dark purple :P, and on the blured email address in the banner.

That site is really useful......maybe a green is needed?

Member #
    A green or orange, as long as it's not too bright and hurts the eyes, could look really cool in this design. It could also look hideous though, so be careful!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I can't access it...

Member #
    You need to copy/paste the link, Geocities doesn't allow people to click through to images on their servers.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    aha I saw it..well it's simple and effective but put your brain more to graphic design...it helps and this email is very visible...hahaha it's something like Webmaster@SharkSoftware.com....

Member #
    Your not giving me enough credit :P
    That email is a roll-over on the website, sorry I only took a pic I just couldn't be bothered to upload everything, when you move the mouse over it the blur effect goes away

Member #
    I thought the blur effect was just to protect yourself while showing this around. I don't like the idea of blurring out something as important as your email address. Some people may not mouse over it, so they wont see what you're trying to do.

Member #
    Yeah but if you see ironhacker went for it. I have made it so its just seeable but doesn't take focus on the site. I guess you may not like it thats your choice i thought it was a nice effect

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads