Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just let me know what you think of my site. I've been through some multimedia classes which include web design but this is the first site I have posted. Therefore I have alot to learn.

Member #
    Here is the site www.thefinnigans.net.

Member #
    Not bad for a start, but it could use some work. Here are a few thoughts:
    1. The animation is slow, and it will get annoying after the first visit. If you're going to have a flash intro, make sure there's an option to skip it.
    2. The image on the right has text on it that is completely illedgible.
    3. There's a lot of wasted space here. The way you chose to display those three pictures of the houses take up probably as much room as possible, and it pushes your text way too far down the page. I'd lose the flash, and integrate pictures in text together more closely.
    4. The buttons. They look cool, but they also look like a piece of clip art that was stuck in there, because they don't fit with the rest of the site. With the content in mind, make a design first and then put your content in, and try to make a template that can be used for your different pages. This will give your site a more unified feel.

Great start, keep up the good work.

Member #
    Thanks, I need alot more content for my pages first of all. Also I've noticed sites have some sort of template. I'm not familiar with templates. I think I saw something on my domain site that has predesigned templates but I would like to design my on template.

Member #
    By template I just meant a design. If you're using Dreamweaver, it has a very good templating feature, but you don't have to use it. I was just saying that all the pages on your site should follow a similar design, so they all look like one site.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    If you're going to template your site, you might want to consider Server side Includes (SSI):

Server Side Includes are special tags that can be used in PHP, ASP, JSP, and SHTML scripts to include the contents of one text-based (html, etc.) file into another.

Find details on how to use them here: http://www.webdesignforums.net/showt...5519#post68869

Member #
    Made some changes, need more content still though. Thanks to spluffdaddy I was able to align all the pages right. What do you think so far.www.thefinnigans.net

Remove Ads