Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.xtdesign.net/
    I'm a freelance webdesigner. What do you think of this page?
    Please, tell me something.
    Thanks

Member #
    I'm not a fan of the background, it's very annoying and it's not anything that's graphically impressive.

The numbers on the homepage are confusing, and the text that appears on rollover is kinda hard to read.

Also, the homepage for your English site looks empty, but the page length is EXTREMELY long, with just empty space. I looked at this in Mozilla, FYI.

Member #
    Yes, it's extremely long.
    Thats because I don't know any other manner of making a border (without using the border="1"). I can only make it fixed height.
    I've tryed to make the image that is the border (a simple 50x2 orange image) width=2 and height=100%, but it doesn't work.
    Help! I'm a useless newbie!

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    you defenatly have some issues going on with your source code.. you have multiple head, html, and body tags on all of your pages, or at least all of the pages i looked at(most of the english section) The design is not too bad, the layout could use some work. Much of the text on the images is not hard to read but more difficult then you want on your website. It looks empty, but not because there is a lack of text or images (and there is on some places) so much as the images and text that IS there is improperly layed out and looks unimportant.

Member #
    Hi,

You have a symmetrical 1px problem with the design. I have attached a screen capture of the left area with a big arrow. It also occurs on the right had side.

Using Firebird 0.7 on WinXP.

And the design is "too bright". It's quite cool, but maybe tone down (darken?) the orange to a bit?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    Thanks for the tip. I knew that, but If I found a way to make fix it in Firebird, Then It didn't worked with IE. And if it worked with IE and Firebird, it didnt worked with Opera.

It's IE's fault, because when I moved it one pixel to the side it didn't move really.

I also think it's very bright, but a darker Orange is ugly.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    well, the design is not bad, it's simple, easy to navigate, a portfolio won't be a bad idea cuz people will wanna see what you've made, and spluf's right about the background, better put nothing...

Member #
    Re 1px offset: I've had this kind of problem before, but I cannot remember how I fixed it. I'll try to find the backups I (try to) keep to see if I can look it up for you. No promises though!

Brightness: Maybe you can compensate by using a black background? The contrast will look good, and add a "high visual impact" factor to the site. The text colour may need to be changed. IF done properly, this can be a real winner.
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    Yes, I have to put the portfolio. But I cannot until I finish at least one of the sites i'm making (2).

eKstreme: it's a very good idea putting a darker background. Thanks for the tip. I will modify it later.

But anyway, i'm making another starting almost from scratch. What do you think of the part i've finished at the moment:
    See the screenie here: http://www.xtdesign.net/v6/

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    not bad, loose the grid it's kind'a ugly...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads