Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hobby Site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

SquareDude

It is my first website.I am making it with frontpage and it is only a hobby site. i am doing this to get a little familiar with web design,a nd well as a hobby. it is just a template so far, and was looking for opinions and/or constructive critisism before i cont, thanks.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "I'll do it later!:tired:"
    - Dan Clarkson (me)

Protonic Studios I DanClarkson.net
    [both coming soon!]

Member #
    oh yea... i plan on changing the default link styles to css mouseover links.
    - Dan Clarkson (me)

[both coming soon!]

Member #
    no opinions...
    - Dan Clarkson (me)

[both coming soon!]

Member #
    It's pretty bright, but I suppose Sponge Bob is. I'm not a fan of the scrolling text that's going across the top, and the disclaimer at the bottom should be the same width of the site. I'd put it in a cell at the bottom of the page, attached to the rest of the site.

Member #
    There are so many options and tastes (with regard to design), that it's difficult to go with absolutes.

However, the GLARING yellow is not a good choice. Whatever your final design ends up like, you should always go easy on colours. Try to tone down and find matching colours. If you want to use neon colours, you should maybe constrain them to a small section of your layout where you want to focus attention.

The way it looks now, guests are instinctively squinting to avoid burning their retina.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    What if i were to change the backround color yellow to a different color. If then, what color would you i make it?
    - Dan Clarkson (me)

[both coming soon!]

Member #
    The yellow and the blue do not blend together, use the Online Colour Schemer to obtain a cool colour scheme for your website.

Try to contain your disclaimer in a cell/table the same width as the main site (as Splufdaddy said).

I'd also change the font you have used almost throughout. A sans-serif font such as Arial, or Verdana (which is used in your disclaimer) work much better on websites.

Overall, It's a good try, but I'd rather not have to wear sunshades to view your site.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    second look

Is this any better?
    - Dan Clarkson (me)

[both coming soon!]

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Personally, I'd lose the lines under the hyperlinks... maybe have them display when you roll over. Just my own opinion, though.. you may like underlined links (?). Also, reduce the size of the disclaimer text. It doesn't need to be that large...

Having changed the background colour the yellow border around the top logo now looks out of place. I would lose that. In that top block the "A SpongeBob..." sub-heading also looks really cramped in that narrow strip. Either increase the height of the strip or reduce the size of the text so that there is some space above and below the words... maybe even align right rather than left... ?

I've spent a couple of minutes playing with your design as above... as I said it's just to illustrate ideas... it does not claim to be particularly good.... have uploaded it to http://www.phpwebspace.net/dev/example/ ... see what you think.

Sean

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sean's is better definitely. You can center the menu links, put "A SpongeBob SquarePants Site!" in the banner and align the menu, cuz some parts are bigger, some smaller, that's it from me good luck on your design!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads