Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I am a Realtor and my life and income DEPEND on my website value to my public and to them referring me to others. In addition, I need them to decide to use us, and therefore pay us, to help them with buying and selling Real Estate.

Please advise me, especially if you are familiar with buying and selling real estate and with real estate web sites.

I look forward to your help.
    Rehoboth Beach Delaware; Exhaustive Site about Real Estate:
    http://www.Kate-Jody.com

Member #
    The layout isn't bad. I know this isn't a request for a critique, but here's why I wouldn't second it:
    1. Change the text color to black, use only one font and maximum of two sizes.
    2. The page is a mile long. Break that information up into smaller pages. The information at the bottom of the page seems very unimportant because there it's below so much other info.

With a few changes, I'd second it. Welcome to WDF by the way.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    what's the difference between http://www.kate-jody.com/ and http://www.jodyhudson.com/???

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    change font color

Originally posted by splufdaddy
    The layout isn't bad. I know this isn't a request for a critique, but here's why I wouldn't second it:
    1. Change the text color to black, use only one font and maximum of two sizes.
    2. The page is a mile long. Break that information up into smaller pages. The information at the bottom of the page seems very unimportant because there it's below so much other info.

With a few changes, I'd second it. Welcome to WDF by the way.
    i am agree with Spluf you should change font colors and also remove background from left side listing or just strech it

that's it for now!

Member #
    I moved these posts to the How's My Site forum. I didn't see this thread until after I made my original post, and I seem to have started a trend of people posting critiques in his SOTM thread. Whoops. :ichatangel:

Continue w/ the critique.

Member #
    well... there is definately too much information on that first page

if you want to outline your other sections do it very briefly, maybe use a hover description for your links.

maybe consider a color scheme other than red and blue

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Originally posted by Mr Jody Hudson
    I am a Realtor and my life and income DEPEND on my website value to my public and to them referring me to others.
    If this is true, have you considered paying someone to do the design for you?

I am familiar with real estate, and have created a couple of real estate sites in the past. I can tell you that the decision to buy or sell with an agent is an emotional one. You will need to craft your message very carefully to target the people you're looking for. Then, you need to ensure that they read it. I'd suggest that maybe you talk to an ad agency to help you out.

Member #
    Thanks folks! I appreciate the time you have taken to review and comment on the site.

I will certainly take these things under consideration.

The reason for the very long page is that Google and other search engines were not "finding" the information when it was not listed on the front page. I have paid several "experts" to make it so that the deeper pages would be indexed but they were not successful. So, I just made a mile long page with everything on it and that has worked.

The "professional" real estate web site makers are using similar solutions now. For instance I understand this fellow paid many thousands for this site and a very large monthly fee. I have never seen his site beat us in the search tests I've run. He IS very successful in my market however.
    http://www.bethany-beach-homes.com

Member #
    he's arranged his information in a more easy-to-read manner

Member #
    Thanks, I appreciate the help!

That is why I'm here to get some other eyes on the site as it has been just me and it HAS gotten away from me, in trying to add all the stuff and make it useful.

Again, thanks to all, and I'll get working on it.

Remove Ads