Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hello To All

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hello everyone I was just posting my site to get your reviews and ask to see how I would go about designing sites for a LITTLE profit...if you dont think that I have the talent please just tell me, BTW im 15 .:Tha Spot:.

Member #
    Take a look at your site in a browser other than IE. The copyright credit for the "simple pull scroller" appears, it looks like it's not correctly commented out.

The text color is hard to read, and their are a lot of lines boxing things in on the page.

Keep at it though, read up and keep polishing your design skills, and you may be able to land some paying jobs down the road.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Can't see anything...I hear only music and i see a black background.

Member #
    dont use sound on your site,
    consider contrast between text and backround

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Me too

Originally posted by ironhacker
    Can't see anything...I hear only music and i see a black background.
    Me too

Member #
    // CREDITS MUST REMAIN: // Simple pull-scroller by Urs Dudli and Peter Gehrig. Distributed by http://www.hypergurl.com // Copyright (c) 2000 Peter Gehrig and Urs Dudli. All rights reserved. // Permission given to use the script provided that this notice remains as is. // Additional scripts can be found at http://www.hypergurl.com. // CONFIGURATION: // Add your messages here. You may add as many messages as you like. var message = new Array() message[0]="Welcome." message[1]="To." message[2]=".:Tha Spot:.." // Configure the speed of the message. A lower value means higher speed. var pause=20 // Configure the standstill-time between the messages (milliseconds). var standstill=2000 // Configure the maximum space between the letters. var max_space=30 // Do not edit the variables below var space=" " var i_substring=0 var i_message=0 var i_space=max_space var all_space=" " var content="" function reducespace() { all_space=" " for (i=0;i=0) { content="" var timer=setTimeout("reducespace()", pause) } else { clearTimeout(timer) i_space=max_space var timer=setTimeout("changemessage()", standstill) } } function changemessage() { i_message++ if (i_message>message.length-1) { i_message=0 } reducespace() } // - End of JavaScript - -->
    Above is what I get at the top of your page. I would lose the splash page as well.

It is not bad but needs a lot more content and needs to be clearer so you can read it.

You have a basic idea, and now you need to work a lot on it and develope it further.

Good luck,
    Daniel.

Member #
    1-
    // CREDITS MUST REMAIN: // Simple pull-scroller by Urs Dudli and Peter Gehrig. Distributed by http://www.hypergurl.com // Copyright (c) 2000 Peter Gehrig and Urs Dudli. All rights reserved. // Permission given to use the script provided that this notice remains as is. // Additional scripts can....
    I'm not Mr.HTML, but I think it's because you don't have a javascript opening "<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript"
    " before the javascript code. (And a closing tag too)
    2- Don't use fancy javascript. That code seems to be for scrolling some annoying graphic around the page. (Maybe I'm wrong)
    3- Look at the screenie i've attached. I had already downloaded 1.2 megs of your site, (without touching anything, only entering in the main page) and it didn't stopped! Optimize, optimize and optimize again.
    4- The text isn't very esay to read.
    5- If every visitor you get is going to need downloading 1.2 megs (or more, I did stopped because I was boooring), you will get an infinite hosting bill, or if it's free hosting they will block your page.
    6- Learn CSS. It's damn good. It's the creme. Use it, and save a infinite amount of Kb's!

Again, I'm not Mr. HTML or Mr. CSS, but I only was trying to help.
    :cheeky:

The most important of all, enjoy making your webpages!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Listen to xarst I won't look at 1.2 MB site, sorry!

Member #
    thnks for the replys guys.....lol....even though it wasnt much positive but oh well...thnks alot keep in mind im 15 lol i got a lot of learnin to do

Remove Ads