Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just finished this site, was wondering no some professional feedback. The customer loves it, which is all that matters to me, but for my future designs I'd like to know your opinions.

Yes I know the counter is visible, but the client rarely visits their page and I was going to make their own admin section to view hits but they really didnt seem to need that much.

All advice is appreciated.

http://www.russveeser.com

Member #
    Nice site. The image at the top is a little large, and the edges look a little rough. I like the navigation and the rollovers, but I think reversing the mouseovers may look better. The images have some nice color to them, letting them appear in color when the site loads and then graying them out on mouseover would be a better use of those images, IMO.

Also, if the client doesn't visit the page much, then it sounds like the client doesn't need the counter. I would get rid of it then, because it's not of much benefit to other visitors. It looks out of place on a business website, an unprofessional touch.

Member #
    I agree with you about the counter to a point, but I feel that the times they visit the page are usually when I'm around and they like to see that people actually visit it, and thus they're money isn't going to waste.

Thank you kindly for your criticsm though.

Member #
    I agree with spluffdaddy on his points. also, i think when you scroll over the image link, the text link should become underlined. It looks a little strange to have a link to the same thing right next to each other and they have separate rollovers.

I like the layout of the site and how you displayed the large selection of images on the linked pages. i did have a problem on the pop-up images. when i tried to close the page using the 'close' button, the page just reloaded with your custom error message (http error 405).

as for the counter, its pretty small and unintruding and i didnt even see/notice it the first time i viewed the site. if you are going to use it, you are using it well.

in my opinion, i don't know if you need the 'contact' image(telephone booth) to be as big as the other links. it doesnt seem to fit in that well with the other menu rollover images.

that's it. overall, it looks very professional which is something you want to see in t construction site. great job

eric
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Here's from me:

- the logo is messy
    - the menu font is bad and loose the gray color on it. It's bot readable
    - "Designed By: Xeplin Development" hmm that eye looks very familliar. Maybe cuz you stole it from me. Look in my gallery section / For lazy ppl: http://www.freecolors.net/ironhacker...ow/gallery.jpg /. That's not very nice is it? Change it please and stop copying my stuff...

Member #
    the logo is bad quality, try making a new one to the right of the image below the current logo, that'd make the page shorter too
    the navigation links dont have enough contrast with the background
    there is a pointless "HOME" under the logo
    but it does the job well, maybe some more information would be nice, to get people to actually make contact.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    my suggestions

Here are my suggestions

[1] change logo design
    [2] place "home" link with rest
    [3] change color or rest link to related theme
    [4] give a thin border to site
    [5] redice the size of menu images above menu text.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ok, we've made an agreement on the image. He is using the blue one and I am using the green one.

Member #
    Meaning I never touched his image and it was all a mistake.

Brett Nooyen

Remove Ads