Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hey

Im a 16 years old amateur web designer and I'd like to get some feedback from my own personal site:

http://www.the-rm.com/puur

Pages are optimised to 800x600 screen resolution, but looks perfect with 1024x768.

I have tested them only on IE 6.0 but basically there shouldnt be any problem with other browsers either because I've only used HTML & Css. No Flash nor Java/JavaScript included.

If you can't see any text that is because for some reason the background image isnt shown.

Thank you:
    Teemu Puurunen

EDIT: Please dont mind if the text sounds a bit funny sometimes, that's because of my young age :classic:

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Originally posted by Teemu Puurunen
    I have tested them only on IE 6.0 but basically there shouldnt be any problem with other browsers either because I've only used HTML & Css. No Flash nor Java/JavaScript included.
    hehe you'd be surprised at how crappy it could get with only html and css :alien: been there, done that!

anywho... your site is very nice. no problems on this end. i'm on mozilla 1.5 and it's flow is great. good job... keep up the good work.

btw... i agree with your left-handed comment in the about page... we do go nutz easier!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Good Design!

Im a 16 years old amateur web designer and I'd like to get some feedback from my own personal site
    Good design at this stage.

[1] it will be good if you put or draw a line or whaver object to separate your header and left menu

[2] make site in center

that's all for now.

thanks

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i don't like the effect on the font in the header, i mean only the lines, the scratch, old, rubbed out effects are cool...Good Luck

Member #
    You could do with a lot more colour on the site it is far to dark and gothicy for my liking.

You need to try and make it a little nicer to look at, maybe try some mouseovers on the menu or something.

Once you have sorted out the design concentrate on filling the site with more content.

Good luck,
    Daniel.

Member #
    It's not bad for your own personal playground, for you to make and show your friends/family members. But if you want to get any work from it, it should look more professional:
    1. Definately add color, and lose the gothic color scheme.
    2. The font in the banner and nav is hard to read.
    3. The footnote will be viewed as funny by your friends, but immature by potential clients.

Keep designing websites, to practice and sharpen your skills. At 16, few people that don't know you would hire you anyways. But as you get better and are ready to take on clients you don't already have a relationship with, the portfolio should change to show that.

Member #
    Thank you everyone for the feedback.
    maybe try some mouseovers on the menu or something
    I allready tried those but could'nt really make them look good and the way it is now, looks better to me.

As for the site theme, I might change it soon 'cos sometimes I recreate it just because to get some practise but for now, I just centered the page.

Member #
    I love the layout

How about following some XHTML guidelines like..
    -- start with a doctype
    -- put alt text on your images
    -- etc

Member #
    Hey

I re-created the layout. Opinions please:
    http://the-rm.com/puur

Member #
    - I should use any othe font different than Times new roman. Maybe trebuchet, tahoma or verdana.
    - If you are trying to make money, DON'T put things like that about "I had a school play blah blah..." in your portfolio.
    - If you go proffesional, remove the links section.

To be sincere, I think that corewaveaudio (in your portfolio) is much better that your personal site.

And I'm happy to see that there are more young designers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads