Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi i'm doing a design for a small kitchens company. They want a semi-prestigous design with ease of use.

What do you think of my first layout design for them?

p.s the main image will rotate/change for each page and each time the page is loaded.

Comments and Crits welcomed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    Not bad, except for two things:
    1. I don't like the odd shape you've created for the picture. It's completely random, and it's distracting IMO.
    2. The top left corner is the first part of the page that visitors look at. Your top left corner is empty, save for the egg shaped portion of your large picture.

A good start, here's my two cents on it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't like the shape too and is the site going to be centered? If not I don't like it and what's with the copyright notice "Pre Development Design Sample"??? Do you think that by putting this noone can steal your layout??? If yes you're wrong...

Member #
    i have no problems with it

Member #
    lol no i put the watermarking on as it was printed, to stop people getting hold of it and claiming it as there own also so the client kenw that it was a sample and may not represent the final design. Obviously i know that as a digital image people could erase it.

Splufdaddy you say the shape is distracting, in what way? does it draw your attention?

I wanted a shape that wasn't a regular square or circle to attract the attention of the visitors to the examples of kitchens created by the company.

and yes ironhacker the site will be centered. I feel that if a site is small like this one then it should be centered in the screen, otherwise it just looks odd.

thanks for all your comments so far much appreciated

Member #
    It draws my attention too much, and it looks weird that it touches the very top of the page and the very bottom. With a picture like you have, you don't have to worry about visitors missing that. If you were to make it a more regular shape, people would still notice it.

Remove Ads