Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I decided to build a website about 9 months ago to mostly share pictures and ride info with people from quad discussion boards on the internet. Not knowing much more than how to cut the computer on and surf the web I started teaching myself to build my site using simple trial and error.
    I joined this forum to learn from some experienced people on the subject. I no longer like the way my site looks and I want to pretty much redo the entire thing. I know I have alot to learn. I have read many posts on this forum and I admit that 1/2 the time I have no idea what you guys are talking about :nervous:
    Heres what I am dealing with right now http://www.atvheat.com
    Like I said. I want to pretty much redo the entire site. But let me know what "if anything" you think is good and what should be totaly scraped....

My plan over the next few months is to get very familiar with PhotoShop, PaintShop pro7, and maybe even do an intro using Swish <~~~ I downloaded the free demo and was suprised to see how user friendly it was.

Member #
    The layout is nice, the background images seem to clash with each other a bit though. I think the arrows might look a little better if they weren't animated as well.

Member #
    BigRog contact me via email and I'll build you a custom site for free.. well, as long as you advertise a mall banner for me. I will also provide any portfolio you need, I have some with hunderds of images and graphics I have done in the past 4 years.. I usually charge a hefty fee for this but for advertisement I would be willing to help you out...

webmaster@visualdesigns.org

Member #
    the text is plain
    ------------------------------------------
    posted by DevilishDreams
    http://karate-kid.tk

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I think you should kill the marquee; as a general rule I despise animations on pages *casually avoids pointing out the arrow animation on the redirector here*

Also, unless you've put a lot of work into the graphics already or don't have the PSDs anymore, you should consider using the more traditional black-on-white color scheme. On old monitors or monitors at high resolutions, white-on-black can be hard to read.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Thanks for the opinions on my site and not just coming right out and saying it looks like crap
    I will admit that while at the begining tacky may have looked good to me like the marquee and the animations. I want to do more with it. I want to keep the layout somewhat simple so as not to confuse anybody trying to navigate it. There is nothing I hate more than a confusing site to navigate... That is why my list of sections is right there on the index page in plain view... Other than that, I have not really thought much about design. I will think about using less black though. That does however throw out virtualy all of my ideas..

Member #
    Originally posted by filburt1
    I think you should kill the marquee; as a general rule I despise animations on pages *casually avoids pointing out the arrow animation on the redirector here*

Also, unless you've put a lot of work into the graphics already or don't have the PSDs anymore, you should consider using the more traditional black-on-white color scheme. On old monitors or monitors at high resolutions, white-on-black can be hard to read.
    Well filburt1 will you let me tell anyhing ? (You are on my mind). I would also like to add that the navigation should be in Graphic (Even with MSPaint).
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

Remove Ads