Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://dommi.tech-lounge.com/

Its a start. If I can get everything looking good and validating then I might think about adding readers style sheets to it. Just to jazz it up a bit.

Dom

Member #
    I'm not a fan of it. Here's why:
    1. The orange border is very thick, and just has some text in it. There's lots of padding in it, especially on the top.
    2. Their's also a lot of extra room in the navigation, i'd shrink that down. Some rollovers wouldn't hurt either.
    3. I'm not sure what the white graphic is supposed to be, it looks kind of weird.
    4. How you display content will be important, as in color, font, layout, etc.

Just my two cents.

Member #
    I'm not a fan of it personally either, I follow the same comments as Sluffdaddy said, along with my following comments:
    • on't like the way you have a fixed background image, it is a little odd.
    • I also don't like your colour scheming either, use the link in Splufdaddy's singature to see if you can come up with a better colour scheme.
    • Your blog could do with following the site layout.
    • Get some content on your homepage
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I dont like the fact that you remind me what site I'm on on the right side - if I want to know I'll look in the location bar in my browser. (Unless the url of your site is the name of your company etc I would remove it) I also agree with what's been said before this.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    dont give a link to a pdf file without a notice that its a link to a pdf file. acrobat reader can really be a bitch to open sometimes and its frustrating for some people.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Don't like the layout and balck plus orange aren't colors that have to be alone. It's too generic. My opinion is to redesign it...

Banned
    Member #
    I think the fixed back/scrolling body make the site seem unfinished or a mistake of somekind, its also a good idea to have your external links open in a new window.

You could put your 'about' text on your home page next to the pic, to make it more interesting.

Member #
    I dont mind the orange thing, but it should scroll, i hate the black thing scrolling over it.
    Think of an alternative to ugly orange circles and almost illegible italic text.
    What page am I on ? What pages have I visited ?

You seem to have a good idea of what you want, but think about what your users want too.

Remove Ads