Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Check my site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Member #
    that picture on the first page is damn huge, is that really necessary?

change your font to Verdana.

there's a couple of images that dont seem to be working.

code looks good but doesnt validate: http://validator.w3.org/

Member #
    Tested in IE6 56k modem 800x600. I agree about the top graphic. Might be nice if the links changed colour when the mouse is passed over them. Graphic at the bottom of the page doesn't load. It's a good start. Good luck with it.

Nick

Member #
    All right, something to work with, great. The two lower images in fact have not been uploaded, I'm thinking middle image be advertisement and removing all together the lower graphic. The banner doesn't need to be that big, however its what I've been using. I think I will remodel it, in fact I was hoping to get some flash text around the outside of the banner to make it more eye pleasing. Seems that getting flash text there is harder then I thought while maintaing a structured layout. The text I could care less about, so that can be changed for the body. The related links I was thinking of removing, because they seem unnecessary to me. Thanks for the help guy and I will bbiab.

Member #
    You should check your site in another browser. In Mozilla, your link section on the left is overlapping some of your content. I agree that your banner is way to tall, on an 800x600 resolution, it will take up the entire screen depending on what toolbars people have enabled. I'd go for something that's a little more rectangular. Some additional graphics, or a more exiciting page layout would also spruce up the design.

Member #
    Since you are still playing around with the design a lot theres not really much I can say that will be relevant for long so I'll just reinforce the fact that a header shouldnt take up 3/4 of the screen on 1024*768.

Member #
    Yes, in Opera the right navbar overlaps the content. (maybe is it because you are using a floating div?, I don't that that would happen with a normal <width="100%"> table.
    I should add rollovers for the links. And crop the image of the top or resample it, it's too big. (so it's also slow to load).
    What is your going over? Over a limousine business?
    The I should remove the w3c image, and the link "to our homepage" image. And also lighten everything a bit, a business site needs to be lit. Not dark.

Though you have the basics, you only need a bit of inspiration.

Member #
    Floating div :<

I can't get ride of the floating div, I've tried various combinatinos of asbolute and realtive positioning. I'm no expert, trying to learn some tricks for this stuff. Its quite interesting the code these days. Starting to make sense, but not completly

Let me know what you think about the site now , I've done some layout mod.

Member #
    You can have something other than black background, you know...

I mean... you can have white. Not plain white. You can have "kind of fade-in" colour lines or image (very thin colour) on the white.

Just a suggestion.

Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

Member #
    Thanks, black works.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads