Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    42
    Member #
    2267

    Current Rating

    Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

    Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

    Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

    Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

    Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

    Rate This Site


    Advertisement (login to hide this!)


    You must be logged in to view this site

    I've recently changed the look of my website. What do you think?

    http://members.aol.com/nickjc67/fwpd.htm

    Thanks.

    Nick

  2.  

  3. #2
    Senior Member DanielOliver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Cornwall, England.
    Posts
    1,202
    Member #
    1879
    It looks like a fairly old site, one of those that you use to see in the earlier days of the internet.

    It is very very basic. The colours are fairly poor and look "tacky"

    In my opinion, even for free, I expect you may struggle getting people interested if that is your homesite which you will use to try and lure them in.

    I would try a redesign of it and also maybe change your colours.
    The graphics deffinatly need work.

    Sorry to sound negative,
    Good luck with the rest of your site.
    Daniel.

  4. #3
    Senior Member danrc1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    119
    Member #
    3272
    i tell you what I been told when I post on "hows my site"
    um... use arial or vedana font rather than times
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    "I'll do it later!:tired:"
    - Dan Clarkson (me)

    Protonic Studios I DanClarkson.net
    [both coming soon!]

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    42
    Member #
    2267
    Hi DanielOliver. Thanks for the reply. If you think this one looks old, you should have seen the old one. It is my personal website so I don't put too much into the design but I might do so now. Thanks for the reply.

    Nick

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    42
    Member #
    2267
    Originally posted by danrc1985
    i tell you what I been told when I post on "hows my site"
    um... use arial or vedana font rather than times
    I agree that Verdana would look better. Thanks for the reply.

    Nick

  7. #6
    Senior Member splufdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    4,488
    Member #
    735
    If you're offering web page design, you should put a lot into the design. If you don't put a lot of effort into your website, why should I trust you to do mine? You need to add some graphics to this website. The banner looks very old, and the navigation buttons are HUGE. Change those up, and also the background and that would be a huge improvement. Also, the title of your page is "HTML Tutorial". Might want to change that to something more relevant.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    42
    Member #
    2267
    Originally posted by splufdaddy
    If you're offering web page design, you should put a lot into the design. If you don't put a lot of effort into your website, why should I trust you to do mine? You need to add some graphics to this website. The banner looks very old, and the navigation buttons are HUGE. Change those up, and also the background and that would be a huge improvement. Also, the title of your page is "HTML Tutorial". Might want to change that to something more relevant.
    Hi splufdaddy. Thanks for the reply. What I meant was that I'm not going to spend weeks finely honing what is only a personal site that isn't in reality going to attract much traffic. Having said that, you've suggested some good improvements which I shall take a look at implementing. Thanks again.

    Nick

  9. #8
    Senior Member cbor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    283
    Member #
    1825
    Along with what others have said, you might want to consider using a stylesheet so you can get rid of all that <font color size...> syntax.
    regards,
    robc

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    42
    Member #
    2267
    Originally posted by cbor
    Along with what others have said, you might want to consider using a stylesheet so you can get rid of all that <font color size...> syntax.
    Hi cbor. I agree but it's my editor that does it and would take a lot of cleaning up each time I do an update but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks for the reply.

    Nick

  11. #10
    Senior Member ironhacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    872
    Member #
    3483
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't like it. It's too amateurish, everything. I recommend redesign.


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:15 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2021 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com