Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: How is my site?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I just joined this forum and would like to hear some feedback on the website I created for an English project. The instructions for the project were to create a site about a book we were supposed to read over the summer that included a link to each of the characters, a summary about the character, and some links to sites that we thought the character would find interesting. This site is very obviously created with FrontPage, but I wasn't going for originality, I was aiming for a good grade, and FrontPage was the fastest and easiest way to do that. Also, for anyone out there still using dial up, a few pages of this site may load pretty slowly. I created this site knowing that it would be viewed with a T1 connection during my presentation of it at school, so I included quite a few pictures and backgrounds that I wouldn't normally include in a website. And here is the link to my site: http://home.earthlink.net/~mercedes47

Thanks,
    Amanda

Member #
    Some information on the homepage wouldn't hurt. The text is big, which is good if it's for a presentation. Also, including a navigation panel/bar on every page would eliminate the need to go back to the homepage everytime you wanted new information.

Member #
    I think maybe moving the image on the main page to the left side and having a short synopsis of the book to the right. Other than that, there isn't much about your site that needs changing, I think the overall look is a bit dated, but it won't matter to this page as it's all about information.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    It gets the job done that you are looking for. I would do what is said above by [Li] Brad and spluffdaddy, maybe try and get some content on the homepage that sums the book up.

Well done,
    Daniel.

Member #
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I wasn't really looking for convenience in moving back and forth between my pages, I finished this in 2 or 3 days in my spare time. The teacher said i wasn't required to have a summary or anything on the first page, so I made sure I didn't do more than necessary! thanks again.

Amanda

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't like it. It looks too simple and kind'o pixelated. Add more content and more graphics, design your website not only put a picture.

Member #
    Originally posted by ironhacker
    I don't like it. It looks too simple and kind'o pixelated. Add more content and more graphics, design your website not only put a picture.
    man, that's ok for "English project".
    I don't think he/she is going for pro... :classic:

Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

Remove Ads