Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi,

We launched the redesign on this site the other day and are looking for some feedback. The goals were to remain clean but give the site a fresh edge.

http://www.host-tec.com

Look forward to any comments.

Thank you
    Pete

Member #
    Hey Pete,

Very nice site - exactly what you were looking for - clean and a fresh edge. It's very well done and I like almost everything about it. I do think that the shadow under your headings for each section of the page are too dark, they make it seem like there is a gap between the heading and the content of the box. I think if you took them out totally, lightened them up a bit or maybe shrunk their size they would look better.

Good Job!

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Very nice, but honestly... looks exactly like Hosting Site "Put your company here" templates that can be found on monstertemplate.com. I see so many hosts using that silver/blue/xp with a flash header format that you have that it almost makes me doubt the company when I see it. Don't get me wrong.. it's a great site, but it's just like a brand new Accord... exactly what you've seen forever.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Brak's right. Also, as a personal preference, I'm not a fan of sites that have a lot of different little pieces thrown onto a plain background color. I'd rather see some kind of border or background around just the page elements, pulling the page together. Right now it seems like there are a lot of individual pieces making up this page.

Member #
    I like it but the flash is being displayed halfway over the top logo "HOST-TEC" on Mac OSX(ie5).

i have attached a picture of what it looks like.

eric
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    Thank you all for the feedback

Originally posted by Brak
    Very nice, but honestly... looks exactly like Hosting Site "Put your company here" templates that can be found on monstertemplate.com.
    I could not disagree with you more. With MT templates you have a ton of graphics and flash intros, very trend whore. How could you lump this in the same category. Our goals were to be clean, simple and straight forward. The colors are the company color can't really do much with that when there are logos, business cards, letter heads, etc all with the colors.

I like it but the flash is being displayed halfway over the top logo "HOST-TEC" on Mac OSX(ie5).
    You are right we need to modify the php slightly. We are checking the browser in the php code for IE, since it support transparency, but not on the Mac. On a side note: How can you not be using Safari... =)

Member #
    This doesn't look exactly like a template monster design, but it's similar. It looks like a TM design on a diet. If you took this design, put a box around it and brightened up the dark gray background, then I think you would have a TM design.

Member #
    You know I was going to say that, you could not find one design at TM that is relatively close to ours and even though you can't, I won't...

I just realized that while you think TM designs are horrible, they are the most popular and that is why you see them every where and that is the only reason you think they are horrible. So in that regard thank you, I'm glad you think that with a few tweaks our design would be a TM one...

Pete

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the design, but I don't like the arrangement of the domain lookup...it's very low, try to create pages that don't have to scroll, so the user will easy see what he needs fast.

Remove Ads