Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: how's my site?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi y'all
    Am a new member, and would like some comments/suggestions about my website http://www.des-us.com
    thnks
    dzigner
    http://www.des-us.com

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Decent Site!

It's got a decent layout! A few colors could probably change, and it could maybe use a better "layout" for the content.

I also recommend you get a better server or host (whichever you like to call it), as your site loads *REALLY* slow. This is a major turn off to many customers/ users.

All in all though, decent site for one of your first attempts!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Also...

Some of the images and tables are a bit tacky, and the site is not that visually appealing. Try to make images match the background colors, and make tables look more integrated.

Member #
    Safari

There is a lot of blank space, sometime not a bad thing but there is just too much. Look to better organize the data.

Member #
    I agree with what's been said. The link in my signature can help you find colors that work well together. The scrolling text on the left hand side not only looks bad, but it doesn't work in Mozilla. I'd get rid of it. Your tables aren't aligned either, the left hand column is higher than the other two columns. The banner looks extremely small and gets lost in the site.

Stick with it, just needs a little bit of work.

Member #
    Thnk u'all for your time. I will try to incorporate your ideas into the design.
    The rolling text is in JavaScript, and if I remove it, any ideas on how I can put a rolling text box some other way?
    Thnks for the color schemer, I'll surely use it.

Member #
    Bah, I say leave the ugly colors. It's easy to read, its different, it's not blue on gray!

You might want to add a little cell padding to the main content cell though. My biggest complaint would have to be that the graphics seem to small for the layout. Also, a couple things don't seem like they are placed quite right. For example, I would make the tops of the tables line up. If you were going for an offset, mabey make it a little more definate? The text on the buttons goes a little to far to the left too. You also might want to change the PHP so if it doesn't know you name, it does call the person guest.

ie:
    echo ($name == "guest" ? "This site is a member of the WebRing" : "$name, this site is a member of the WebRing");

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't like the layout, the colors are poking my eyes out. There isn't any design in your website, only 1 miserable image that doesn't even look good. Have you ever heard of Photoshop?! Use it next time you are making a site, afterall you are a designer, show it to your site's visitors.

Member #
    Ok, Ok, I got the point about the colors! But seriously, thanks for taking time out for visiting my site.
    Secondly about that guest name thing, the code comes from the webring itself, so ....?
    Yeah and also the rolling text and Mozilla not showing it? Any ideas about that? 'cause I see the rolling text on so many websites, are they using something I dont know about?(definitely, since I dont know so many things!) But What?

Remove Ads