Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Comments please

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I have used Front Page for about 5 years now. Recently I read a book by Jeffrey Zeldman, www.zeldman.com entitled "Designing with web standards", I feel obliged to dump FP.

That's besides the point, my current FP stuff it at www.billysielu.co.uk - dont bother going there, it sucks.

I've started designing stuff in Notepad now and I have a little preview online: http://orion.billysielu.co.uk
    (this stuff is intended to be moved to www.billysielu.co.uk when it is finished)

I have commented on lots of other sites and i'm usually the most critical so i'm not expecting you guys to find any major problems with my site, but if you do, let me know. Any opinions are welcome too.

NOTE: There are some broken links here and there, don't worry about those.

thanks guys & gals

-Mike Whitehurst
    admin@billysielu.co.uk

Member #
    Your site are very clean. Look ok.

But if you already desided to be a web designer. You'll need to know more (e.g. cgi, php, asp, mysql, flash, css...etc...).

It's a big world out there and webdesign is getting more complex than before. Soon the .net thing will push everyone to internet application programming... (My english is not good, but hope you know what I mean)

So, keep up the good work! And learn more!
    Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    they really are simple, but a designer needs graphics. Put a logo and stuff

Member #
    Your website is more of a web "page". There's only one site for us to see. You've included your portfolio on the homepage, and all three sites are sites that you've created for yourself.

I'd try to make this site more attractive (and brighter), and try to get a few clients, even if you donate some work to a small business or a non-profit. That will make your portfolio (which should be a seperate page) look much better.

Member #
    yeh i'm doing a few things for free at the moment to build up a bit of a portfolio. In March I get new webspace and i'm gonna so around local small businesses seeing if any of them need a site.

I know that to be employed in a full time job I need to learn more. At the moment i've only learnt things i've needed to use. That's why i'm gonna do Internet Computing at Uni.

I try to avoid using graphics where possible, I'm now starting to regret using graphics for navigation on orion.billysielu.co.uk/72nd but I wanted to have a go at the mouseover thing, just to see how it worked. I've found that it works great in all browsers cept IE where it is too slow to make the switch, it's not worth doing unless the image is really small.

My designs are simple because I planned them that way. If I needed to display lots more information they could become brighter and more complex, but the sites I have done so far do not recquire this approach.

Those paragraphs above are more like replies to those who have already posted, if anyone else has any comments i'd like to hear them.

-Mike Whitehurst
    admin@billysielu.co.uk

Remove Ads