Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: hows my site?

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www20.brinkster.com/mosspatch/nero_media.html

the picture to the right on the header isn't finished, it's just a sketch.

I know it's dark, but i don't want the header to be too distracting, and if i make the text area too bright it looks out of place. the ends of the bars on the navigation menu continue across the screen. the navigation is drop down menu styled (anyone have any good easy drop down menu systems?), and there will be a bold css rollover effect on the links of the menu, and underline links everywhere else.

Are there any hints on how to improve the loading time of the header without loosing any quality? I plan on slicing it, but is there anything else?

And would the name "NERO- media" sound too much like "nero media player" or the nero cd burning software? I'd probably see if i could get a downloadable trial version on my site and on that page have a link to the real site so that if people would at least find what they where looking for....

Also, dose it look profesional? dose it look like it's trying to be cool? and would the design make you want to stay more, or run away more?

thanks!! :classic:
    Jason

Member #
    i changed the name, did more to the picture (still not done though), and a few other minor things

http://www20.brinkster.com/mosspatch/nero_media.html

the old version is still there at the bottom.
    Jason

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    WOW! It loaded for like 30mins. Where is this crappy server from? My last one was faster. The site has nice layout, but I don't think that you should use this font for the buttons. I prefer the VERUS media...good luck !

Member #
    lol, sorry about the loading time. I saved it at max. jpg quality, and it's an 800x600 pixel image so it is a big file, and it's on brinkster. I'm moving all of my site to a new (paid) host sometime next month when I'm done revising things and whatnot...

The font is just arial. what font should I use?

thanks. I'm doing the html for the site right now, but i saved the psd with all of it's slices so it wouldn't take any time to change something. I'm open to all suggestions!
    Jason

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeh, seriously you should just save the pic as a tiled background and why didn'y you just type in the text? It would have loiaded like *clicks fingers* that.
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    heh, as I said before all of the text that looks like it could be put in as html will be.

I also figured out how to do all of the programming exept for a good drop down menu system... anyone have any good drop down menu systems?
    Jason

Member #
    Check out the link to the Javascript Source and Dynamic Drive in my signature they should have some
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh, sorry.

*slinks away and looks embarrassed in a corner*

i dont know any good drop down menus, check out

www.webmonkey.com
    www.htmlgoodies.com
    www.javascriptsource.com

for some, maybe, dunno...

I used to be with brinkster! i had "www22.brink....." theyre good, but they had banners on mine...

i prefered the old logo, the one at the top. both things, the old "doll" woman or whatever was better and the name was better...
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Looks good man.

However, see if you can take out the tips of the grey navbar. I really think the thin ends of the left and right sides are ugly. They don't blend in at all, and it's really a turn off.

Member #
    i know the bars look weird now since they don't extend or anything, but they look fine to me now (i can see the html version of it now, I'll post it once i get it uploaded).

Unfortanatly i can't have the name "nero media" becuase of problems already mentioned...

Yea, I liked brinkster too. I liked their file manager, and the technologies they supported. unfortanatly some time a month or two ago they started puttnig banners on and that kinda ruined it... lol

I'm realy bad at updating at forums lol. ussualy i post the problem, and then i start to work on it and i solve it. I already found a system using css divisions. I'm almost done with that exept for a few problems but those are for a differnet forum

I'll try and make the woman in the corner look better... but not now, lol.

thanks everybody!
    Jason

Member #
    http://www20.brinkster.com/mosspatch/verus-media3.html

I uploaded the site, exept for some reason the navigation starts out as a defualt visited link. It looks fine on my computer though. Any thoughts to why this is? It won't be on brinkster, and i'll clean the source later...

thanks
    Jason

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads