Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hot or Not?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

A sketch of a header and main body content area... I'd have a scrolling div in there if there would be any decent amount of content. Of course I'm missing the content boxes/etc... but as far as a start, opinions?

I want to make the header flash (and non-flash upon detection/splash page) and have the girl w/ dress 'flash' (change opacity rapidly by 5% or so) and perhaps have other slight nudges/opacity changes with the logo and nav.. other cool stuff too... one small problem, I suck at flash... ahh, but I will learn

So... think this is cool? Lamest thing ever? I'm starting to go a bit personal (opinoin-wise) with this design and think I might be scaring some people off... wanted to see if that was true
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Not hot in my opinion! Sorry, it doesn't strike me at all, and I don't like the saturated colour you have going on there. Sorry!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    I think different. I think it is original and looks quite dramatic.
    Makes a nice change from all these 3 column sites that you see on the net all the time.

Your plans for the site sound quite good and will deffinatly improve the site's overall look and feel.

The navigation is quite big and chunky but in all honestly I think it wouldn't look right any smaller.

Good luck with the rest of the work, I look forward to seeing how it turns out once you have managed to include all of your future plans.

Well done,
    Daniel Oliver.

Member #
    It's original, because you don't see many sites like this, and as stated above, it's dramatical.
    Though it isn't bad.
    I'm wondering what color of font are you going to use on the content area. The background isn't fully bright or fully dark, so the text won't be clearly readed. (I suppose).
    About what you said about Flash and changes of opacity on the girl's dress, I think the page will look "tenebrous". It will appear like a ghost house. (Maybe I'm wrong).
    Anyway, good work.

Member #
    I like it but unless you are doing something with that hard edge transition from header to content I think a fade between the two would benefit.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    I'm not a fan of it, but I may not be your target audience. It looks like it's for a band, so if the design fits the band, then you're golden.

Remove Ads