Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Design Site

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just uploaded the latest version of my design site, I really like this design, but wondered whether anyone had any comments on it?
    Atom Design
    Only a homepage as yet, but more pages hopefully coming soon. Hover on the links, and the navbar to to see the special effects.
    Currently tested in Mozilla Firebird & IE 6.0.
    Thanks .
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Its good but change the background from white to maybe a greyish bluey colour, it looks a bit (teeth clenched) common. Sorry to sound horrible but...
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    The background thing...
    maybe make an atom structure (or any object) just fade in (in bit of grey) from the white?

so it doesn't just look plain white...?

Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

Member #
    Awesome navigation effect, looks great on your page.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    I agree that there's too much white on the site. The banner is cool, but it could be more impressive, as could the rest of the site. Some more graphics would make the site more appealing.

Member #
    i agree on the subject of navigation i love the effect!

Member #
    The navigation is deffinatly the best thing on the site.

I would try and add a little more to the rest of you design to show off to your visitors. The site looks good but it is a tad on the basic side for a design company site.

Try and add a little more colour to it and draw a few mock up ideas of how you could add to the design.

Overall I think it is good, but you just need that little bit more to finish it off and impress your visitors.

Good luck,
    Daniel.

Member #
    Thanks for all the comments about the site, I agree about the navigation, thanks for the positive feedback.
    Elroy: maybe make an atom structure (or any object) just fade in (in bit of grey) from the white?
    By this do you mean i should draw an atom out of a quite pale grey colour to spruce up body content of the site?
    splufdaddy: Some more graphics would make the site more appealing.
    Do you mean in the general content area? I will be including some graphics throughout the site, this is just a bsaic mock-up fo the layout, I will be inserting some more graphics as time goes on. Any ideas? Let me know.
    splufdaddy: The banner is cool, but it could be more impressive
    Could you give me a few ideas? I made the header a litle smaller so that it didn't hog the content area too much, should I use an image to go behind the text to spruce up the design a little?

Thanks.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I really like this design, mainly for its simplicity and its ease of use. You also have some fantastic rollovers for your links!

I do have some comments though. Do you think it's possible for you to do one of the following:
    • Make the height of the main table/ page 100%, and just have vertical borders.
    • Center the design both horizonally and vertically, and also have a full border around the page.
    I figured it would be okay to do either of these as you are not following validation by w3c. I could tell by the way you didn't close your image tags.

Anyway, nice design, but if you can get any of these to work in most browsers well, it would look MUCH better! :cheeky:

Member #
    Yeah, I will probably, when I have time go about validating it to be xHTML compliant, but not yet at least.

I can't work out how to do either of the two options you suggested, can you shed some light on it please? I'm having problems getting the centering vertically and the 100% height thing working in Moz/Netscape. I prefer the 100% height idea though Thanks for your opinions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads