Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Just messing around earlier when I was bored and came up with this.

Before youi review please note that I was only playing around and am not planning on using it inless a client likes the look of it and would like to devlope it.

I just wanted to see what you guys thought of it's potential and whether or not you think it is worth me taking it a little more seriously and consider it for selling as a template.

I am aware of things that need tweaking such as mouse overs on the menu, banners etc but I am not going to trouble myself with it inless I get some good feed back from people thinking I should take it further,
    ---------------------------------
    http://www.danieloliver.net/designs/28/Company.html
    ---------------------------------

Thank you,
    Daniel.

Member #
    **Sorry if my words are too honest and rush into one direction.

I can see why you saying that's a "playing around" site.

That "template" has no potential at all.
    I'm sure you've seen proper template on the internet before. The "template" you've done have no chance.

But afterall, it depends on what customer you aiming at (small business?).
    And how much you asking for.

**Anyway, can't really put the final comment to this thing unless you're saying "THIS IS THE TEMPLATE I'M GOING TO SELL".

Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

Member #
    I wasnt really thinking of it as a template ( I know that is what I said ) But as a sort of design I could show to a client when they are deciding on a design. It would be aimed towards a small company if it were to be used I guess.

Member #
    Dan,
    I don't think it is a waste, surly better than sites out there with no logical layout, but as Elroy mentioned, templates nowadays have to be great works of art just to get noticed. If you think what you have there is good enough for a potential client to buy, then go for it. I think it needs a bit of work though:

- The grey-white-greylines under the banner look like they should be the navigation, I was actually waiting for a nav to load there, but it didn't
    - I don't think you should use those list bullets for any kind of navigation, they are indented too far to the right I think
    - Also where the navigation is split up into 'Menu' and 'Other Links', I don't like the table look of it, I think if you put a grey the color of 'Menu' as the background and made 'Menu' a darker grey, that would be fine.

(Oh and I like your new avatar image, kind of like GTA3 font, looks great!)

Keep up the good work,

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    It's nothing great, and it needs a lot of work if you want it to be anything. Try fooling with some graphics and stuff, and see what else you can do with it.

2/5 IMHO

Member #
    I agree that this could use some work. A banner is key to a design, and this one doesn't have one. A banner would certainly spruce up this design. Other than that, the design is just a simple grid, with simple lines. Some color and more impressive graphics would improve this, IMO.

Member #
    Ok cheers guys, like I said, it is only really a rough mock up with a little colour. I may develop it further later on when I have more time, but as of now it is taking a back seat as I have much better stuff that I could use.

Thank you
    Daniel.

Remove Ads