Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Well I desided to redo my site for the up coming release of PSO EP3 on march 2nd (phantasy star online episode 3) and I think it turned out quiet nicely. Its odd but the next day after I changed the look my vistors increased 25-30 the very next day. So it must be good! Also checkout the forum, its all themed with the site

http://psoguyver.com

Comments are welcome!

Member #
    Nice layout mimic. Although I have one suggestion; spice up the nav bar a little. give it some mousovers that go with the color scheme of the site.

What i would do is make that entire horizontal nav bar one image image in photoshop then slice it up into equal sized images with a rollover image that changes the color inside the border. Just a thought.
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    I would loose the counter, or get one that is alot smaller...

it's a nice site, although the latest updates thing dosen't match the rest of the site.
    Jason

Member #
    Originally posted by maverick26
    Nice layout mimic. Although I have one suggestion; spice up the nav bar a little. give it some mousovers that go with the color scheme of the site.

What i would do is make that entire horizontal nav bar one image image in photoshop then slice it up into equal sized images with a rollover image that changes the color inside the border. Just a thought.
    Yeah I did think about that, but I decided not to do it this time. I just like the text links, who know sI may change it later, its not a high priority right now. Besides isnt it easier for search engines to index you if you have more text links? Although im on all major search engines already

And as for the counter im removing that right now, I have a CQ Counter, if you go to the bottom of that page you will see it

Member #
    you may be right about the search engines, but providing ALT text for each image should help your ranking a bit. And like u said, your already in the major engines lists.

For the counter, maybe try to make a graphical one? or u should be able to find one on the web. being that its a game site, the majority of your viewer base are no doubt gamers and are probably on high-speed connections and prefer the flashier, more aesthetically pleasing sites.

EDIT: I also noticed u have updates on the main page that go back a while. (ie 6/25/02) which forces users to scroll quite a bit to see them all. Have u given any though to a CMS (content management system) or a database in which to store old updates that can be retrieved via an archives page?
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    Yes I have thought about a way to manage my old updates, but I dont know much about how to go about doing it. The reason I want to keep them somewhere on the site is because the search engines use the key words from it to get me. If I could stick them in a archive somehow id do it, wnanna direct me?

Oh I removed the hit counter

Member #
    Well im not currently using an archive of any sort right now, but there is a ton of options out there. It also depends greatly on what your will to spend, if anything, and what resources you have available to you. Do you have access to a SQL server db, MySQL, ect, ect. Im not great with designing and and interacting dbs myself but you could definately find some help on the boards.

As for a CMS, do a google search. there are alot out there, some open source and free, some cost money. Again, depends on what u what to do.
    www.stevenspoker.com

Member #
    I updated with a pretty cool news script, check it out http://psoguyver.com

No if only I could figure out how to call it to the index and not have a redirect...

Member #
    very nice. I think its a big improvement over what u had before, everything is nice and organized, and u arent overloaded by a ton of info on one page.

BTW, where did you get that script, is it free?
    www.stevenspoker.com

Member #
    It hink you should change the mouseovers to a light gray or something more in contrast to the blue background.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads