Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Jen's Website

First, a shameful admission...

I haven't completed my own first website yet, but I'd like to submit one that is owned by my friend Jennifer.

We're both recent beginners at website design (and she's obviously faster than me, 'cause hers is up and running and mine's not).

I don't expect miracles from this submission (and Jen'll probably strangle me when she finds out I've entered it here), since it's probably a 'different' type of site to what would usually be offered in these posts.

Whatever, I'll be able to filter out any terribly adverse comments before I show them to her. We neither of us will ever learn anything if we're not prepared to stick our heads above the parapet once in a while... :dead:

So, all you experienced, battle-hardened Web-techie types out there, please take a look at this site:

and let me know what you think.http://www.algarve-beach-life.com

I'm consoling myself already with the thought that 'whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger'.

[And hoping that Jennifer agrees].

Sara
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm not sure if Adobe still offers the LE version of Photoshop, but when I bought it...it was around $60 USD. You might also try that route. It's a trimmed down version of Photoshop, but once you're comfortable with it and can afford it you can upgrade to the full version.

It's good you're not getting discouraged by the comments. I came back to designing websites after a 5 year hiatus, and it was difficult. Couldn't imagine comine in without any experience now. Keep trying and practicing...soon you'll have a site you'll be proud of.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Once again, everyone, thanks for all the comments, + and -.
    I'll print all this stuff out, then Jennifer and I can spend the weekend trying to sort out the best approach. (Looks like I've got a lot to do before I put up my own site, now).

It's great to have such unselfish folk giving time and effort, and I hope when I know a lot more than I do right now that I'll be able to 'put some back in'.

LOL :-\
    Sara

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    That's what we're here for!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well, I have an admission:

Since Jennifer had a couple of new pages ready to be launched, she wanted to get them up so that she could publish the first edition of her monthly ezine (which specifically mentions the new pages).

So, even though we spent hours going over the comments all you nice folks offered about the design, the new pages went up 'as is'.

But, we also tried some new approaches, based on the concensus of comments offered.

We couldn't agree on a final template, but I think we both felt that most of the new efforts were 'cleaner' and (dare I say it) more professional (for which read less 'ammer-chewer) than the existing page layout.

We'll put in some more work, then ask for more comments.

None of this is getting anything done on my own site, but hey, what are pals for?

And thanks again, newfiewg, et al, for 'being there'!

A tired-out

Sara :tired:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads