Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

please give me some feedback on my site. Adobe illustrator, Photoshop, and Golive were used to Create it.

http://ryansclicks.web1000.com/ryansclickshome.html

Member #
    Not a bad start, but your site is WAY too wide. It causes horizontal scrolling even on 1280x1024. The rollovers are cool on the top film slide. Definately shrink the site's width though, I'd say in half.

Member #
    what would be the optimal size, or should i have 2 different sites, one for mac, and one for pc? the reason my site looks so big is because i am working on a 15" svga laptop screen, which out performs most screens. When i view my site at school on a mac it looks terribly out of proportion. should i split a link and send the macs to one site and the pc's to another?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    It's not distorted, the benner and the page in general is WAY to long.

Try to make it optimized for at least 800x600 on PC, and try to keep/get it working well with IE, Mozilla, etc.

A good fitted size would be like 788x450 or something, I don't remember off hand though.

Not a terrible design right now though.

2/5

Member #
    Mac or PC isn't what makes the difference, it's the computer's resolution. Most people use either 800x600 or 1024x768 today. If you make your site 780 pixels wide, it will apppear nicely in both of these browsers. On larger screens there will be more space around your site, but large resolution users come to expect this (myself included). Your other option is to design a site that's width is set to 100% of the screen. You'll have less control over this design, but it can be done, and it can be done nicely.

Member #
    I love your banner on top, it's excellent.

I agree totally with the earlier comments though...make your main layout table at MOST 779 pixels wide (because you have 0 margins for left and right), this will prevent a horizontal scroll bar from appearing on users of 800x600 resolution.

Keep in mind 80% of internet users view their screens in a resolution of 800x600...so you must design for this.

Your next choice is either to make your tables "liquid" or "fixed".

This is an example of a liquid site:
    http://www.booksunderreview.com
    Notice how the text moves.

This is an example of a fixed site:
    http://www.airfleettraining.com
    Notice how the text doesn't move.

I prefer fixed layouts because they let you have more control over your content layout and ensure all users see the same thing.

One minor thing - your navigation menu seems to have a 'kink' in it along the circle in the background. It doesn't line up perfectly.

Later
    ~matt

Remove Ads