Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Please gimme some feedback on my site. I know that it's pretty basic at the moment, but I wanna make it better... Thats why I'm here. Right now the site isn't really running yet and there hasn't been an update in a while. But anyways, please give me some feedback.

Link: http://www.geocities.com/redline_snowboarding

Member #
    First of all, your splash page is useless, you could get rid of it. The text says click the logo BELOW, but the logo is right next to the text on large resolutions, making it one long line. You need to enter a <br> or <p> tag after your text and before your graphic.

As for your site, the red and black color scheme is dark, and the dark text is hard to read on the dark background. The banner is a little large, the width could probably be cut in half and you'd still get the same effect.

The Geocities hosting is gonna really hold you back too. There's an active thread right now on the advantages of a paid host, take a look.

Member #
    Thank you very much for the comments splufdaddy. I took your advice and got rid of the splash screen. I agree with you, it was pointless and it really didn't look all that great. As for the color sheme, I don't think I'm gonna change it because... I like it lol. Other replies would be appreciated.

Thank you
    Petey

Member #
    Maybe do some mouseover effect on the nav-menu.
    The banner is definately too long (in term of height).

Dark red and black background is not that bad, but your site is too plain dark (looks booooooring). Maybe add some pattern on the black (very small very few pattern that user doesn't really notice but will feel it).
    Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

Member #
    Thanks for the tips Elroy. Do you know where I could find some pattern backgrounds?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Dear god the red and small text white on black.... sorry man, but it's not that cool for how much I can't read it. Make it bigger... don't ever use red on black and then I'll come back and read it. Site looked a little plain.. but overall hurt my poor tired eyes at 4 in the morning.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Originally posted by Petey
    Thanks for the tips Elroy. Do you know where I could find some pattern backgrounds?
    Here:
    http://biorust.com/
    Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Sort out the pic at the bottom, it doesnt work.
    As Elroy said, get some rollovers for the nav - it doesnt seem like much but it makes a hell of a difference.
    Put some padding on the left hand side of the main text area.
    The image needs cropping, maybe scrap the "online" bit and shove it up just below the "redline productions", theres space inbetween too. (but in a subscript kind of way)
    The "links" link is smaller than the rest, make it the same size.

Other than all those its fine! Sorry if i seemed a little direct but i just closed my browser accidently and had to retype ALL of this. i dont mean to be mean but im trying to help
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    Thank you all very much for the tips! I agree with all of the stuff you guys said other then one thing. I really don't find the red on black background hard on the eyes. Now blue on a black background, thats hard on the eyes. But whether it's hard on the eyes or not probably depends on the person.

As for the picture on the bottom, there is no picture up yet, thats why it's messed up.

Thanks again!

Member #
    pretty sick dude. Way better than the snowboarding website i used to have. The color interface is a little hard to read but i wouldnt worry about these critics. Not everyone has the same opinion as them. If YOU like it. Keep it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads