Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

I redesigned my gaming site Network Play. Please take a look and let me know what you think http://www.networkplay.co.uk

Member #
    Text is extremely hard to read...i like the colors but they really blend the text out.

Nice layout though, clean, simplistic.

~matt

Member #
    Def loose the blue text, change it to something darker. Also loose the light blue text on the brown background as it's very hard to read.
    You could also take out the watery effect behind the logo because it detracts from the logo itself. Also, make the logo larger - it's a really nice looking logo so make the most of it.
    Apart from that it looks great.
    I'd dump those validator logos as I doubt if they mean anything to your visitors.

Member #
    Look at your site in a large resolution. In 1280x1024, the "Micro-Sites" images is overlapping the text box. Without looking at your code, I would guess absolute positioning is to blame for this problem.

Member #
    Yep lol. I couldnt think of any other way around it. I developed the site using 1024x768 and tested on 800x600 but I dont have access to any higher resolution Thanks for the heads up though. I will try changing the positioning elements on everything using relative positioning.

As for the text, I could try using a darker colour, but I tried making it larger but it really didnt look good

Member #
    Sorry I havent been on for a while, Ive been a bit busy Anyhow, Ive tried to iron out some of the bugs in my layout, which hope I have done. But what I would really like advice on is how do you think I could spruce things up a bit? More graphics? What and where? Please help, Ive been stumped creatively since day 1 on this project!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    You really need to adjust the banner. It's way too small for your design. See what you can do with that too, if you can!

Anyway, looks pretty good besides that, I guess.

3/5!

Member #
    Ok I will make the banner a bit chunckier, I was thinking of ditching the watery background and making a new one that spans accross the whole blue box at the top.

Member #
    There's a problem with the tones. Look at your site in gray if neccesary - desaturate a screenshot or whatever. If it's not comfortable to read, or doesn't look right in other ways, no amount of altering the colour will help. Fix that and you'll fix a lot.

Member #
    Im not quite sure what you mean I pasted a screen dump into photoshop and looked at it in greyscale, but I could read the text quite easily, or am I missing the point? Do you mean there is something wrong with the shades, positioning or use of colour?

Also, I have noticed that it can be a tad hard to concentrate on text with a big orange bar directly above it. Has anyone else found this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads