Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My site..

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello, I was wondering if you guys could comment on my site :
    http://www.akwok.org

I went for a minimalistic design and simplistic design, as I found it to be cluttered from before.

Member #
    It's certainly simple, but I find it to be too much white. The banner is boring, I think you could put something simple yet colorful in there to spruce up the design. The nav is pretty cool.

Member #
    Is it just me or are there semicolons on the nave after each item? I don't understand that too much. The nav is cool though.

[edit]Or the semicolons are programming things. Took me a while to get that. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Member #
    Nice site. Got style.
    Underconstruction
    Volleyball Website

Banned
    Member #
    pretty good, maybe some more color would finish it off

Member #
    Very nice design. Like spluf said though, might want to darken up the page bg color just a little, u could go with any color really, just to give some constrast between the background and content. Other than that though, its great.

Is it just me or are there semicolons on the nave after each item? I don't understand that too much. The nav is cool though.
    Eddy Bones- This is a continuation of his programmer theme. In the more popular programming languages (i.e. C,C++, Java) a semicolon is entered at the end of every statement in the source code.

EDIT: AdrianKwok, you're a programmer? I just looked at your site's source, and almost all the code is lined up against the left margin with no indenatation at all! I wouldn't be caught dead submitting a program in any of my CS classes with formatting like that!
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    good so far but get some content. Seems like you're page doesnt have much of a purpose. I don't know about the color. My website doesnt have much for color, its just like a beginner's CSS and im still learning about it. So right now i cant tell you to add more color because my site is about as colorful as yours.

Member #
    Originally posted by maverick26
    Very nice design. Like spluf said though, might want to darken up the page bg color just a little, u could go with any color really, just to give some constrast between the background and content. Other than that though, its great.

Eddy Bones- This is a continuation of his programmer theme. In the more popular programming languages (i.e. C,C++, Java) a semicolon is entered at the end of every statement in the source code.

EDIT: AdrianKwok, you're a programmer? I just looked at your site's source, and almost all the code is lined up against the left margin with no indenatation at all! I wouldn't be caught dead submitting a program in any of my CS classes with formatting like that!
    Thanks, =). But the thing is, I didn't do much of the coding by hand -- except for the PHP, but you can't see that . I am a Java programmer, and since noone would () care about indentation on this site, it's all good.. I think?

I went with grayscale for the theme, hence no colors.. =(. I cannot decide what to put for a banner without breaking the simplistic theme, so I don't know.. yet.

It really is still a work in progress, and the content is zero to none. It was at first a blogging site, but since I hate writing I hardly updated the site. At the moment it's just a site that's there for no reason at all (at least until I can find a use for it, ).

jkw
    Member #
    your colors are great (a little bit to much of white) but i like your slick moderne stylish look you went for

jkw

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I like the whole grey and white design.

It's pretty deadly. Keep it up!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads