Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

http://www.danedesign.vze.com

its only a temporary URL.......and some of the pages are missing because I haven't made them yet. I'm just looking for a review based on the design and colors, graphics, etc. Thank you!

Member #
    Its not bad but it isnt really my sort of taste. The banner is a little better then the rest of the design but still is quite average.

I expect there will be a lot of people that may actually like it but it's just not my thing I am afraid.

Member #
    Yeah, if its a work in progress then I say you are on your way to a nice site, but as a finished product I think its barely mediocre, though I am somewhat of an ***.

It's too plain, you should spice up the menu, and the content area, especially where you are describing your business. If I were you the first think I would do is align the whole thing to the center of the page. It doesnt look right aligner to the left - the whole of the content and design makes for a symetrical look, so because it isnt centered it seems a bit odd. The green isnt that pleasing when used with the grey, I would use it only to highlight and mainly use the blue, or different shades of blue, for the bigger parts.

It looks like you have skill in both graphic and web design, so I think you can do better. Your content can be presented in a better fashion - the theme seems that it wants to be graphic and smooth, but its too plain to accomplish that. No offense intended, in fact if it werent a site selling web design I would say that its just fine, but a) the way you have it designed makes it seem like you dont have much to offer. More detail would remedy that, even if you didnt change the general content, and b) Your header says "Professional web design", but I dont agree. Talented design? Maybe. Skillful design? Sure. But not really professional.
    Talk low, talk slow, and don't talk too much.
    John Wayne

Member #
    Pretty good except that it needs to be centered. Just wrap the body in a <div align="center"> ***Everything goes here***</div> tag. Something like that should work. It looked good until i maximized it. The first thing i noticed was the big silver header. You might want to rearrange the "Professional Website Design at an affordable price" part of your site. It doesnt look good with the text below it. And also, you could indent the text below the header so it doesnt go to the edge of the page. I say, center the page, fix the header and you are on your way to an awesome site. Good start.

Member #
    Yeah, centering it would be good.

Now, can someone explain the idea behind puting a page limit on the packages in a web design company? I never understood that, and I think that if I ever needed someone else to make me a website I'd go to someone that didn't put on a limit like that. It just turns me away and really doesn't seem professional at all...

Member #
    ok ive looked at all opinions, and I am reworking it as we speak. I will make it centered, a better top banner, and more graphics.

Anyway, I see you guys think its not "professional"...........if its not professional, then what is it? unprofessional? lol

thanks for the opinions everyone

Member #
    I suggest for a more 'professional' look:

- Rather than an overline for links in the navigation, try an underline
    - Your text sizes jump around a bit, in a pro site you would ideally stick to two sizes and limit the use of bolding and sudden or brief color changes
    - Generally speaking, most professional webdesign sites do not list package deals, but rather have a quote type system worked out. Mostly you just don't want to limit yourself or your client to the package price when it may require more than you expect in terms of time and effort
    - Definitely center your style of page

I think that should get you started,
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    I see.......professionalism is found on those flashy, slow loading websites with tiny fonts which are barely readable, cheesy pictures of executives with telephones to their ears, and the over-use of the words "solution" and "strategic.

Here's the true definition of professional from dictionary.com: Having or showing great skill; expert.

Talented design? Maybe. Skillful design? Sure. But not really professional.
    so, Arjun, I seriously don't know what you mean when you say that......by the standards of the definition, my website should be "professional" if it is in fact "skillful" and "talented"

Member #
    Your Bronze package doesn't include a naviagtion system?!? How are you supposed to naviagate through a website that doesnt have a navigation system?
    www.stevenspoker.com
    "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle, ... but you can't win much either." -Mike McDermott (Rounders)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK, I've read and digested all the experts' opinions, so now here's a view from someone who might come to your site as a prospective customer....

Colour scheme: the green looks a bit 'institutional' to me, but that's just a first impression. Of course, on the 'Net, that might be all you get a chance to make...

Grammar: In your second sentence, you have a 'whether' and an 'if'. I'd drop the 'if you', as it's not necessary, and merely interrupted my reading of your offer.

Wording: I'd avoid phrases like 'unbelievably affordable'. If you describe it as unbelievable, why should I believe it?
    Same goes for 'lowest prices possible'. Why not something like 'keenest'? At least that doesn't beggar belief.

As for the missing 'navigation' on the bronze package, I assume that's OK for a 1 to 2 page site...

(No expert, but looking to help ).

SaraB
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads