Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hello all, this is my latest creation, I hope this can be of help to many freelancers and buyers. Also I hope you like it

http://www.atomicfreelance.com

Member #
    I assume you want a critique of this site? Here are my thoughts:
    1. First of all, you have two PHP errors at the top of your page, which need to be corrected. They're unsightly, and they're shifting the whole page down.
    2. The scrolling news ticker is annoying. If the news is important, display all of it, not a line at a time.

The banner looks a little template-ish. Other than that, doesn't look bad.

Member #
    Hey man, if you dont like the site, just tell me.....hehehe just kidding, I apreciate a million your comments, it will help me expand About the php errors, I can't see them neither in IE nor Mozilla. Maybe I should revised what is happenning. About the scoller news I don't know what should I put there, maybe I'll put something, and about the template-ish, yes ur right, let me see what can I do with this. Anyway thank you for your comments. I appreciate them.

Member #
    Try reloading your page a few times. I got the error the first time I loaded your page, but when I went back to get the error to show you, it wasn't there. I finally got it again in IE (first time it was in Moz). Here's the error:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/antonio/public_html/main.php:18) in /home/antonio/public_html/php/FreelancePosts/includes/sessions.php on line 182

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/antonio/public_html/main.php:18) in /home/antonio/public_html/php/FreelancePosts/includes/sessions.php on line 183

Member #
    Also take out all the extra space between each of your content headings, the more the user has to scroll, the worse off your page will be.

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I didn't notice any of the php problems cited by others (I was using Netscape 7.1). But, the top of your page seems to 'waste' a lot of space before the visitor gets to any information.

The main problem I have in taking it seriously is that it hasn't been proof-read (or has it?). If your site's still under construction, forgive my pedantry, but if it's live, you're ruining the design effect with some fairly basic language mistakes...

In the text opposite the photo (you?) there is a misspelling of 'completely' (which is repeated in 'Why is AtomicFreelance the best choice?').

And, further down, in the second paragraph of 'About Us', you start with 'Now at days', when the word is 'Nowadays'.

It's a shame to spoil the otherwise professional effect with such bloopers.

On a more general note, some of your sentences are extremely long and convoluted. I'd keep them shorter to add more instant comprehensibility to your text.

Also, try not to repeat things (e.g. "completely FREE, without any charge at all").
    Your readers might just get the impression that you think they're a bit 'slow'.

On a purely visual level, why have you included the photograph? If AF is a 'community', what does a photo of an individual convey?

Oh dear, I do seem to have run on a bit, and I only looked at your home page...

Hope this helps

Sara
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Originally posted by [Li] Brad
    Also take out all the extra space between each of your content headings, the more the user has to scroll, the worse off your page will be.

[Li] Brad
    that's exactly what i was gonna say!
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Wow, thank you for letting me know all this mistakes, well my English is not very good but I'll talk with my partner at voicelance.com and ask him if he can proofread the content. About the information, I think you are right, I'll put it at the top so people can read first. About that man, hehe that's not me , I tought it represented a freelancer, but you're right, I think I'll put a woman/men with a pc, or something else, but anyway thank you, I appreciate your comments. Thank you again.

Member #
    the logo is a little small for the white area its in. and the google ads need a bit of tweaking. Your banner is kinda big too. Maybe if you merge the blue and white area banners it would look good. Its just too much space. And if you do that. Put the network stuff above it and the navigation below it.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I don't like the "Page will be redirected in one second" thing that happens when I load it up at first. Ew.

Nice looking site. However, try to change the top bar on your page, it looks out of place.

Remove Ads