Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Guys,

Wondered if I could get some feedback on the look, feel and usefulness of my business site - http://www.indicium-web-design.com

A quick caveat before you do though - the Amazon ads will be going as I am currently developing a bookstore to include in the site.

Also, please let me have feedback on my two current online tools -

The search engine simulator - http://www.indicium-web-design.com/m...gine/index.php

and...

The search database saturation tool (beta) http://www.indicium-web-design.com/m...bber/index.php

Thanks again in advance - there are more tools to come.

John

Member #
    Your site looks really good, i like its many features and i think its layout is good also. Just one thing to think about maybe have the link text highlight text be black instead of white as the bg change colour is all you will really need. The engine simulator seems really neat and i have no idea what the saturation tool does i just got lots of 0%.

Member #
    Thanks for that - As you say you have no idea waht the saturation tool does, that means that I should really have more descriptive text with the tool, although I was already aware of that.

If you get 0% it means that the tool could not find any of the pages of your site in the search indices, as that is what the tool checks (assuming it was working when you tried it - it is still in beta).

Cheers again.

John

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    What an interesting site!

OK; from the top:
    Visually, the layout is clear enough, not too fussy and with good spacing (for my eye). My only negative comment was that the grey and mid-green colour scheme, while far from offensive, looked a bit safe and boring. (Sorry!)

The SE saturation tool worked well. My own site isn't up yet, but my pal Jennifer's (Algarve Beach Life ) showed 18 out of 28 pages at Google and none with the other engines. When I checked this with her, she confirmed that your gizmo was spot-on!

The SE simulator tool was OK, but a bit puzzling in a couple of respects.
    It claimed not to have detected any header tags on Jennifer's home page, but there's definitely an <H1> tag there, 'cos I just checked.
    Also, the Search Term Analysis section is informative, in that it gives analytical information, but doesn't offer any clue as to whether the result is good, bad or indifferent. If the main search term is detected 5 times, and the word density is 0.47%, what am I to make of that? OK or terrible?

Interesting, for all that...

As far as 'professionalism' goes, the site struck me as solid. No bloopers, good English and grammar. In fact, the only mistake I found (probably because I visited the page twice) was the word 'occurances' in the aforementioned Search Term Analysis 'Key'. By the way, it's there twice, so it's not likely it's just a typing slip-up.

On your home page, the main header is probably meant to read 'Professional, Search-Engine-Friendly Web Design Services' but the lack of comma and hyphens makes it read like you're offering a) Professional Search Engine and b) Friendly Web Design Services.

Overall, I thought that site looked solid, trustworthy, not too hype-y and worth a revisit. Add some more useful tools, and I'll definitely be in the queue to bookmark it.

Hope this helps,

SaraB

PS On my Netscape 7.1 browser, your 'INDICIUM' Roman text showed on top of (i.e. partially obscured) the 'www.indicium-web-design.com' text. Was that deliberate, or a quirk of the browser?
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Remove Ads