Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

i've worked real hard trying to structure this company I am about to GoLive with in the next week or so..... (get it?) I have not been able to put as much time into the website's design/concept as I had hoped to, lots of other stuff going on........ but from what I've seen on this site there is a lot of tallent and I am hoping to get some good advice, thanks in advance

-joe moore :bandit:

www.eastern-syndicate.com

Member #
    The design is kind of small and basic. Once I click in to most of your pages, I can't get back to the homepage. Your banner is very large, and very plain. Adding a little bit of eye candy should make it more appealing. Welcome to WDF, good luck.

Member #
    You are going to need way more DESIGN in your Design Syndicate... Just play around a bit , but definately add more content and pics

Member #
    I think a light background is also in order

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Impressions:
    1. Why the first page? It's very small (as others mentioned) and doesn't do anything except make your visitor click again to see anything. This gives him/her the chance to click out of your site before viewing anything 'sticky'.

2. I quite liked the graphical content (which surprised me, as it's predominantly green). But your portfolio page contains some of that famous 'mystery meat' navigation. (You say 'select a category' but the visitor has to guess where to click).

3. On your Artists page, you indulge in a bit of 'trumpet blowing' with words like "talented". As ever, the proof is in the pudding, and testimonials from happy clients would be rather more convincing.
    Some of the language is confused: "many faceted graphic arts" (should that be 'the many facets of graphic arts'?). While you obviously pore over the graphical side of things, no-one ran a spell-check: "dissapoint". And the bit where you say you won't let a project go until it's 'art' sounds like you don't hit deadlines (which I'm sure is not what you intended). If you want to impress a prospective client, tell him/her what benefit there is from using your services rather than another's.
    You're probably going to say that I'm too picky, but " Eastern Design Syndicate is composed of a (talented) group of artists..." seems a bit obvious. That's what people understand from your group title.

4. I'm always put off by serif fonts on the Net (but that may be a personal foible of mine). They look a bit 'amateur' - sorry if that offends, it's not meant to; just my opinion.

Don't flame me if I come over as too negative here; I just wrote down my impressions. Overall, I liked the site, and having viewed it a few times, I think I'm changing my mind about the 'too small' comment. (Yeah, well; girls are allowed to be fickle).

Good effort, though... I wish I had a hundredth of your graphical skills!

SaraB
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Remove Ads