Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Can you give me some suggestions about my site.
    Probably you want understand it bacause it is on croatian language but you can tell something about design.

www.strojari.com

Member #
    I'm not a big fan of all these sites using really dark colours. The black is scary:-( I like the menu and the grey areas, the mouseovers are alsogood, but I dont like the black.

The rest is good and could be very good if you sort the colours.
    I like the table headers, they look smart and clean. I would also consider working on your banner when the rest is sorted, it is ok, but if you want your site to be really nice looking a banner would be a nice touch.

Good luck,
    Daniel.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Try anti-aliasing some graphics and stuff. Everything seems really jagged.

Member #
    Your homepage could use some content, instead of just a big picture (that has a different shade of black for it's background). I'm also not a fan of dark themed websites, but that's a personal preference.

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ahgh!! why does nobody like black backgrounds? it stumps me, sheesh

anyway, to the site:

I really like it except the b the banner should be updated (and have a pure rgb(000,000,000) background color, as shoudl the homepage image) and a welcome text on the homepage.

The little button at the bottom of the left navigation needs to have a margin-top of about 10px and the title of the nav ":: Navigation ::" should be as tall as the title of the main page. if you get me...

also, the background grey for the whole thing (the light one) should extend either side a little bit, maybe having left and right padding of about 5 or 10px?

jus suggestions
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    Light text on dark backrgounds are harder to read. The most common scheme used is white text and a black background. It's been proven that this scheme is much harder to read than the inverse.

Member #
    I think you should make the table bg dark grey or something. Even if you do keep the rest black.

Member #
    This site is about engineering that is why i have put big picture in background.I dont now what else to put there.My logo isnt very good because I am not very good at photoshop

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I don't have anything against black backgrounds per se , but I'd query whether it's the best choice for this subject (looks like the colour of old sump oil)?

I like the top graphic well enough, and the 'piston-head' thing is apt, too. But the overall 'feel' (to me) is like a heavy-metal music site (and hence NOT very apt).

Have a play with splufdaddy's much-recommended Color Schemer (as I am doing) and see whether you can't come up with a happier combination.

(NB I'm a newbie at this, so these are just visual comments, as the site strikes me, so to say. I'll leave it to the others to deal with the tech aspects of what you're trying to achieve).

SaraB
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    i would recommend doing something more with the top banner. You have the basis there, but perhaps something in the background? Maybe a picture or even another colour/gradient. Also change the bg colour in the table to make it stand out from the bg more. good luck

Remove Ads