Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

hey,

I want some honest feedback, I've been tinkering around with this for a little bit, but now it seems as if i'm losing motivation to finish this... so any feedback would be appreciated. It's an online store (http://www.hitronics.net/index_date.html), but just demo products right now, they're in Power Capacitors and Subwoofers.

Thanks...

Member #
    Having two scrollbars like that is really confusing, and bad for usability. My mousewheel is totally useless on your site.

The only identifying piece on your site is the "hiTronics.net" going down the left column of hte site. I would move the "special offer" piece down, or atleast to the right, and put in a banner that identifies your company and it's mission. Looking at your site right now that's not clear to me. The product image at the top of your page looks like a cigarette lighter, it's kind of hard to distinguish.

The "online store" area on the homepage is very empty. That looks like just your navigation, but its right in the middle of where I would expect to find content. There isn't much content on the homepage.

Looks like a good start, but the layout could use some work.

Member #
    Yeah, my mousewheel works fine, and on every other computer i've looked at it with... I haven't put the preloader in the flash yet, also my "about us" page is where i was going to put all the info about the site and what not. But what about load time overall? good? bad? meh?

thanks for your opinion

Member #
    Look at it in another browser. In Mozilla, there are two scrollbars, one for the page and one for the iframe.

Member #
    yes i know there are two scrollbars, but if you have a 800x600 or greater resolution only one frame will/should move

Member #
    If there are two scrollbars, they both move. The mousewheel snags on the iframe when the cursor is in the iframe window, and scrolls the whole page when it's outside of the iframe.

The height of a user's browser window is determined by the number of toolbars they have. It's not exactly 600, or even close. I dont have very many at all, but only a little more than half of your site appears on my screen at once. I have to scroll the main scrollbar down to see the bottom of your site, and the iframe scrollbar down to see the bottom of your iframe.

The point I am getting at is that iframes are generally bad for usability. They create confusion like this, and they eliminate bookmarking capability, among other things. People wont be able to send other people links to their favorite products under the current site.

I attached a screenshot to show you the multiple scrollbars I get on IE at 800x600.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #
    I just changed the layout a little bit, does anyone have the code so i can change my search input feild to a black bg with white text?

Member #
    You are using the html code for a non-breaking space but you are forgetting the semicolon at the end, so it just displays the code. You need
    Code:
    & n b s p ;
    Without the spaces between

[Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Remove Ads