Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Band site V2

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

visit me

tell me what u think..

Matt

Member #
    You need to make your text in your image into plain text, this will speed up loading and your Search Engine rankings. Other than that, and the greyness of the layout, it's pretty nice! 3/5
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Hey.. what do u mean by "plain text".. do u mean scrap the image..? i wasnt sure how to keep the grey bg and just use normal text.. thats why i used an image :\.. ALSO.. i wanted to ask someone.. how do i make like a scrolling image bar.. im not sure if thats the right term?

Matt

Member #
    You mean a bar that has rollovers on that scroll it up and down? I would not recommend you use one of these, instead use a scrolling DIV, if you must use the analogy at all.

I meant that text should be text, not encased in an image.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    im not sure how to describe it.. im seeeking an example now! is potted something the other day.. it is a horizontal scroller, with about 6 or 7 images.. :\ If anyone can help, please say!

As for the text, im changing that now.. and on the opening page, changed from a flash intro, to a sliced image..

Matt

Member #
    didn't load for me, but when i went to index.swf itself it loaded.

you should add some html links so people without flash can enter your site.

whats the point in all those "spacer.gif" in the html?

Member #
    hey.. yeah i am probably going to remove the flash intro.. and also, the flash on the oppening page, is currently being changed in to a sliced image.

Can anyone help me with the image scroller?

Matt x

Member #
    i dont think you need to totally remove the intro page, although i know most people here dont like them. maybe just change it. it doesnt flow. it also takes a while to load, so unless you come up with something better, take it out. the homepage is nice enough, but a little colour wouldnt hurt! I look forward to the finished version, especially when you have the music link working. well done

lata

Member #
    thanks.. yeah.. i found choosing a colour scheme tricky.. and the intro isnt an important factor.. just sorta messed around with things.. if i post some websites i like the look and feel of.. could somone tell me how to get the effects? or maybe help me to design something similar?

Matt x

site 1
    site 2
    site 3

Remove Ads