Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Korea On The Rocks

I am about halfway finished with this site and I am looking for some feedback before I go any further. The site is for rock climbing in south korea.

I would also appreciate it if a few people took the time to register and login. All the data in the database is fake now and anything you enter in will be deleted before the site is launched.

I am wanting to know about usability, layout and design. Most important is usability!

Links that work
    *Rock Areas
    *Ice Areas
    *Gallery
    *Submit
    *Register
    *Forget Password

Korea On The Rocks

Thanks a lot in advance!
    ERiC
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    Looks like you have some good content. The nav bar on top could use some work though. The mouseover effect is barely visible, it's too subtle. Also, you should have thumbnails for your gallery. Users on slow connections won't want to view 3 large pictures at a time, creating a thumbnails page would be much more efficient.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Clever name. :-D Clever logo. :-) I like clever things ;-)

Member #
    I like the site and it appears to be very nicely designed. I have nothing more to say about the site that Splufdaddy didn't comment on! 3/5, but that will go up if you boost up the nav
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Thanks for the info on the nav bar. i was wondering if it was too subtle. great idea on making the images thumbs. any recommendations on turning user submitted images into thumbs?

ERiC
    Blogs For Sale - Each blog is packed with 1000s of signatures and ads are highly integrated into the site. Great CTR! Completely customizable from Admin CP. On Sale!
    Complete Websites For Sale - Fantastic looking sites rich with content. Come complete with domain names. I only have a couple of these.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Interesting site, even though I'm no rock-climber...

Nobody else mentioned it, and I'm coming to think my eyes need major help, but I found the red of the navbar against the mainly white (or light) page a bit 'ouch'. Probably just me, though.
    On my slow modem/PC your content text appeared quickly enough, but the rock-climbing pic took ages. Chop down the size a bit?

No real criticisms of the site, bar a few textual things that jarred:
    In the text under your logo, shouldn't that be 'English-language' resource..? (Although I realise it would screw up the length of the text vs the logo - but that's life...)

And this sentence seemed a mite confused: "By taking the time to participate on KOTR, you will be adding to the community in which you participate."

Good original idea. I hope you do well.

SaraB
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    i thought i had changed the "participate" thing but thanks for pointing that out, saraB.

as for the large images, i realize this is not ideal. if it was up to me, i would have the images all the same dimensions and under 50k. but i am not the one putting the images onto the site, the users are. Do you have any suggestions as to fixing this issue. At the moment i am trying to get a script that will produce a thumbnail page so the user doesn't have to load 5 large pictures at one time.

thanks again,
    ERiC

Member #
    i have changed a few things. i learned how to use the gd library and make some thumbs as the photos are uploaded. so now there is a thumbnail page that links to the full version. also i darkened the drop shadow on the menu bar at the top.

what do you think of the changes?
    any other sugestions?
    Changed Site

thanks
    ERiC

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I like the fonts and the layout, the logo looks like Pepsi ( i know it's a part of the Korean flag, but it just looks like Pepsi...) and the maps are very bad drawn....

Remove Ads