Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi there,
    (This is my very first post).
    I am putting the last touches on my new webfolio, and I would really appreciate it if people were to visit it and give me some feedback on it.
    So without much ado here is the address:

www.jdlprod.com

Thanks in advance,

JavierDL

Member #
    Very neat lightning effect on mouseover, I'll give you that. Seems to be some troubles in Firebird though with the animations not matching up. I think that the site looks good, nice use of color and layout, but the frames are iffy. The main problem I have with the frames is that when you scroll down the page the backgrounds don't line up.You could use CSS to have a static background on each frame so that only the content moves when scrolled...

Good work so far, I like your sculptures and animations.
    [Li] Brad
    "Art strives for form, and hopes for beauty." - George Bellows

Member #
    You have some nice work in your portfolio. Lots of your links open in new windows though, which I found to be very annoying. Frames have many downsides, this site would be much improved without it.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    A very interesting and different approach. It's great to see something that doesn't look like 'everything else out there'.
    I too loved the 'lightning' mouseover, but like most effects it might jar after a while.
    The Websites display could do with some spell-checking and proof-reading (e.g. "awarness").
    And what - in the Mac Doc bit - did "These folks are located in Montreal though" mean? Sounds like you think there's something wrong with them for living there...
    I found that your websites section suffered from too many 'Please note...' comments. Just let the work stand on its own?
    But my major impression was that the site is too 'stretched' in approach. You're obviously very talented artistically, but the approach here is a bit 'catch-all', in that it showcases everything you do (or is there more?).
    I'd suggest that you restrict the art to one site, the web design to another etc. (Unless you're using 'polymath' as a keyword, and that's how the engines will find you).

All in all though, an impressive attempt, with fresh ideas.

Great work!

SaraB
    My best pal's site: Algarve Beach Life :ichatcool:

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Very interesting site...your artwork is really cool. I'm not a big fan of the popups, and I'm sure most others aren't either. I like the mousovers too...good work

Member #
    I'm impressed by the response! I love this forum ; ) !!!

Thank you all kindly for the nice compliments, the objective opinions, and much appreciated advice : )

Based on your responses I've put the following to-do list to correct/improve what I have so far:

1. No more pop-ups
    2. spell-checking and proof-reading
    3. remove "though" from the MacDoc description, thanks to SaraB : ) This is where the fact that English is not my 1st language shows : (
    4. No more frames. I still have to see what it'll be like, but I'll proceed assuming it'll be good move. For one thing, search-engines searching and people printing will have an easier time.

SaraB: As for the "catch all" approach, wouldn't it be justified by the purpose of the site? (showcasing a webfolio = somebody's work)

Btw, is any of you using anything less than a DSL connection?
    And how about being from anywhere in the world other than Canada and the US?

later,

Javier

Remove Ads