Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

So this site is coming along, about halfway done. My client likes the site, and i personally do also. I could use some tips though.

My major concern are the new buttons i made. When i am designing in flash, the buttons look smooth and have no jagged edges. When i export it and view it, they have sort of a white jaggedness around them. It is just something that is very annoying and defeats the look i am going for. I have jpeg quality set to 100 (highest possible). I also dont have movie compression on. I am using all .psd files. I dont know if that would be an issue or not, but they do look fine before exporting, so i wouldnt think that is an issue then. I would love some feedback on it.

Another minor concern is the way the menu is. I like the way the buttons look, so i dont want to change that, but i am thinking that i need some sort of background to the menu. It just looks out of place, and i cant create a good background. What i would like is a nice metallic, not very noticable menu background. If any of you know a good photoshop tutorial, or could give me some help, that would be great.

Thanks. http://www.wideopenwest.com/~tdicicco9988/motownhitmen/

Sometimes wideopenwest is slow, its just my testing spot.

Member #
    It's not bad. Is it made in flash? If so then it should realy be better. I'm guessing it is due to the transition effects and stuff.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Well, the main content is all in flash, but the title and borders are just graphics.

Do you have any opinions on what i could do in flash to make it better? Just some simple things, because im not going to be able to do anything like 2advanced.com. :alien:

This is my second site that i am doing for someone, so dont be to hard

Member #
    oh and what do u mean by the transitions and stuff... Is it that the transitions i have now are bad and i should get rid of them, or i should have some other types of transitions because it is flash. Please give me some advice on what a good transition would look like.

Remove Ads