Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

is anyone here experienced in creating web-sites for business, specifically with online ordering capabilities... soon i will be managing a online company for my friend's step dad, and basically plan on doing all the coding (except possibly for a 3rd party ordering system) by hand with PHP, but i'd like to create the shopping cart and things like that on my own without third party help?? anyone know of any ways to do this fairly easily??

Member #
    just buy a shopping car

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    I don't know about PHP specifically, but I do know that a lot of third-party merchant account providers/credit card processors will give you the code for various languages (e.g. ASP) and if necessary, component objects/EXEs to install onto your server. So my suggestion would be to figure out who's going to process the transaction, and then work out the cart from there.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    after doing some research, im liking the pay-pal system, small commision, and it seems easy to use... don't worry, i'll be back with plenty of other questions too

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Be very, very wary of Paypal. They do have a reputation for not providing support when necessary and I chose not to use them because I asked a pair of presales questions that were passed to four different departments, and are still unresolved (this is going on three months now that I asked the questions).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    i got put off ever using pay pal for a similar reason.

i sent them an email query. then i got passed to another department.
    then when i did get a reply it didn't answer my question at all. So i sent them another email and still no reply and that was 3 months ago.

Member #
    ok, some not so good reviews, can anyone suggest another 3rd party service that takes a very small percent commision out of sales??

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I've heard a lot of buzz about 2checkout, not sure how good they are though.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    they are good if you don't need support. Last I checked they were under-staffed and were having problems providing support. That was about 2 or 3 months ago. Not sure about now.

http://support.2checkout.com/forums
    There and Back Again :Ogre:

Member #
    My dad wll be taking his business online soon, and I will be the one behind development of it, I get my nice little commission, I have been looking into payment systems like 2checkout and paypal, 2checkout seems to be very nice, and alot of people have been suggesting it to me.
    Arunan S.
    CEO/President
    ServerLines, LLC.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads