Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Current Rating

Visual Appeal:
    0.0 out of 5

Accessibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Website Speed:
    0.0 out of 5

Compatibility:
    0.0 out of 5

Overall Rating:
    0.0 out of 5

Rate This Site

Advertisement (login to hide this!)

You must be logged in to view this site

Hi Guys,
    This website is for a local bicycle shop. It's the nicest bike shop in town and routinely sells $1,000-$5,000 bikes, so this site needs to look good.
    This is what I came up with so far. It took me a really long time to do it, I tried a bunch of other designs, but none fit.
    The size of the site is kinda large right now (110kb). I plan on doing some optimization after I settle on the design (I think this is it, though).
    Let me know what you think (any constructive critisism is appreciated).
    The URL is

http://new.bikeroute.net/

Member #
    very nice so far. i like the colour scheme! post again when you got more. cheers

Member #
    Nice design, though I'd like to see some information on the home page. Quick(ish) loading image at the moment. Rollovers on the navigation would be nice!
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    dont like iot personally, sorry. It all looks to cheesy (not in the yellowish colour sense, but you know)
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    No offence...but it looks a bit....old. Like it doesn't look like a new site, it looks like it has been on for ages and has not been updated. Sorry, but in my opinion that is what it looks like...
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The menu is a bit unfindable...and the bigger buttons don't look very nice. That border around everything is ugly, and change the shadow. it looks too big.

Member #
    You're on to something, but I think it needs some work as is. I like what you have, but everything is too big. The picture and the buttons are cool, but that's all you have. Make them smaller, and put in some area for content on the homepage. The homepage doesn't have any information on it right now, just buttons and images. Shrink down what you have and put in some content, like some info on the company, hours, location, etc.

A small village near a small city near a small cit
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    this totally reminds me of the old Grange HIll intro seqeunce

not that much but it kinda looks like it, any brits remember?
    tekp :cheeky: tekponline.com

Member #
    No sorry.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Hmmm...

Thanks for your replies. I like the idea of adding another "box" below the top image box with some content.

This site was hard for me, creative-wise. The logo in the top left is theirs, and it was hard for me to come with a design to integrate into the it. I usually work mostly in DW, but I used fireworks for practically all of this.

I was planning on making the large buttons on the bottom roll over, but I wanted to get opinions before I start getting way deep into it.

I'm meeting with the owner of the bike shop tomorrow, and I'm willing to bet he'll like it (most people would be happy with absolute crap), but I do want this to look really really good.

Keep in mind, only the front page will have this general layout. The "sub-pages" will have a separate layout, but with the same color scheme.

If anyone has some more specific suggestions, please post em!

Thanks!

Remove Ads